Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two occupations; the first, which is the one I mentioned, is that I’m a Licensed Water Operator. A licensed water operator is required by law to oversee and operate public water systems. I have training in building, permitting, operations, electrical controls and pumps, water testing and plumbing with regards to water systems.

The second and my first occupation is as a licensed Insurance Broker for 25 years now and I still own and run an insurance agency. It is located in Scranton PA.

My home, which is of considerable pride, is located above 2,050 ft on Moosic Mountain in Lackawanna County PA. The house is 4,800 sq-ft of conditioned space although it is a 2,400 sq-ft ranch with a 2,400 sq-ft basement. We installed a Geothermal HVAC system with 3-300ft boreholes. We also installed 100 sq-ft of solar thermal, which is integrated into the geothermal system. We also installed a cistern system, which is a separate water system that serves the toilets and the sprinkler system.

·
Structural Engineer
513 Posts
Welcome jongig. One hat I wear to put food on the table is I write the technical sections of TMF's, and well capacity test requirements for public non-community transient and non-transient systems here in Jersey. I deal with licensed operators on a regular basis. That can be a nice gig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts