Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like a reasonably stout stereo to take on the job. Price range up to $200.
It should be built to take some abuse, have good sound that can carry, and it would be nice if it offered some protection for the iPod.

Anyone have one they really like?

(I'm lucky to work with a small crew that has similarly excellent taste in music)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Get one that runs on your battery system.

I have a Dewalt that works great, I've used the makitas and like them (they have the hook-up inside the case) and I'd check out the new Millwaukee that hase a protected Ipod hook-up - hte old Millwaukee cranks!.

Matt

·
Registered
967 Posts
If you want to be taken seriously, keep the off the job or at a minimum.

I like music just like everyone else, but I believe it can be detriment to the jobsite especially in remodeling where you are in someones home.

Also there is just to much going on to have think and talk over a radio.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I love the makita. You would be well impressed with how this little thing sounds. Dont go silly loud but sound quality is spot on and has a mp3 input in the inside and on the outside. If you want something that kicks out for the times you are on ya own working then maybe the oldskool jvc kaboom. Them things can kick out some serious sound for their size. You will be proper rocking with that badboy but very hard to find. Prob ebay only deal.

Here ya go http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-RV-NB10B-Ka...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cecc46b79

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I have the digital tuner DeWalt. Plug my Ipod in through the Aux. jack and it's good to go. I put the Ipod in the CD wallet that came with the tune box.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Well, you are no fun.
If the homeowners are away, and there isn't a meeting going on, and its kept at a reasonable volume, tuned to something everybody can agree to sure have a radio.

There is a time and place for everything, and some people don't appreciate your fine taste in music or politics, so at times its better to leave it off.

·
I like Green things
23,069 Posts
If the homeowners are away, and there isn't a meeting going on, and its kept at a reasonable volume, tuned to something everybody can agree to sure have a radio.

There is a time and place for everything, and some people don't appreciate your fine taste in music or politics, so at times its better to leave it off.
I agree, it's not like I am blaring some Two Live Crew when the HO's are trying to get their 8 year old ready for school.:laughing:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I'm as much a music lover as everyone else but its just one more thing to haul around, plus I hate yelling over a radio.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I can listen to anything in moderation. I'll kick the speakers out if I have to listen to the same 12 songs more than once. I have 1100+ songs on my Ipod, there is something for everybody. It goes on shuffle and plays all week without hearing something twice.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have the Bosch radio and it was great while it worked.

It lasted about 3 months then just nothing, checked everything I could get at and nothing. $200 down the drain.

Haven't had a jobsite radio since, and I don't miss it.

One of the subs always has one I can turn off.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts