Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Defiantly going to subscribe to this thread. Something I wonder on every job I do! Will be good to see what people have found

·
Accidental Painter
2,292 Posts
Always check your hvac vents guys.

The 3 best hiding spots are:

1) hvac ductwork

2)stair treads (under a loose board)

3)walls

Stair treads generally generate the most $$. With hvac a close second place (drug users favorite stash spot)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awesome find! :thumbsup:

I've found the old newspaper, an old pack of smokes, and the worst by far was a bag of crack in a crappy apartment. Needless to say that chit went right down the toilet. :censored:

I'm always hiding little things and writing short notes about what's going on in the world. Figure it will be cool for people to find down the road.:jester:

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
Found an old Case pocket knife in the attic of an apartment complex. Blade was still open, laying right beside a junction box. Someone had stripped some wires and forgot the knife.

Found a stash of girly magazines, a couple cans of Copenhagen, and a fifth of Jack directly beside the attic access which just happened to be in the teenage son's bedroom. Left him a note on top of the pile, "Hint: Put in box, bury in insulation." A couple days later he came outside and asked if he could have some scrap plywood and a few screws. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
When I first started doing rain gutters I found SEVERAL used male birth control devices.(trojans) in the gutter below a customers (very young) daughters window. You wouldn't believe the things he said to her.

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
Awesome find! :thumbsup:

I've found the old newspaper, an old pack of smokes, and the worst by far was a bag of crack in a crappy apartment. Needless to say that chit went right down the toilet. :censored:

I'm always hiding little things and writing short notes about what's going on in the world. Figure it will be cool for people to find down the road.:jester:
That's pretty neat. I know a plumber who writes his name and the days date on a pepsi can and leaves it somewhere inside a wall where it is likely to be found in a remodel.

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
When I first started doing rain gutters I found SEVERAL used male birth control devices.(trojans) in the gutter below a customers (very young) daughters window. You wouldn't believe the things he said to her.
How young?

15 or 16 I would have been inclined to mind my own business.

Not judging you though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I found 3 pennies from 1861-1865ish and some really old cash that desintagrated at one old farmhouse

During a college demo I found a porter cable router, sidewinder skilsaw, 3/8 rockwell drill, 2 old black and decker jigsaws, a pneumatic RO sander, and a pneumatic finish sander. All being thrown out. All old but in working condition. Some other guy grabbed a nice HD77 saying "its only worth like $40, its a Skil" I live in sidewinder country....

·
Shingler extraordinaire
Sales Estimator/ Project Manager
9,831 Posts
A lot more interesting than an old newspaper.
Four hundred dollars in cash as well.
Fun day
I wont lie..if I found that in a wall and there was no doubt a previos ho put them in tha wall or a floor...they'd never be mentioned

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
A couple guys on on my crew last summer found a small green ballon that we thought was a stress ball at first. Turned out to be LSD in powdered form to the tune of $30,000(at least thats what we were told by security)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
found

found an old Trojan Rubber tin one time.:blink: also found a rubber tin that had a swastika printed on it.The Swastika originally stood for good luck until Hitler came around.And speaking of Hitler....the neatest thing I have ever found was a sculptured bust of Hitler made from plumbing lead.It was adheered to a small piece of wood.It was made by German POW's at a POW camp in my hometown of Alva Oklahoma.A couple from a small town a few miles from us, found a bunch of paintings behind the plaster and lath of a home they bought and was remodeling.The paintings were also done by the POW's.After the camp was closed,many of the barracks were sold and moved to provide housing in our area.Several still stand today,including the Officer's Club,which now houses out local VFW.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Robinson1 said:
How young? 15 or 16 I would have been inclined to mind my own business. Not judging you though. :thumbsup:
He had suspicions before I arrived, I think. I've never seen a customer so concerned about ONE PARTICULAR area of the house. The girl might have been 15 but I kept my head down so who knows. From the fathers ranting I gathered she liked minorities, if ya get my drift.

·
Registered
103 Posts
all very cool stuff! I have only found old matchbooks from the 1940s and some newspaper adds. My dad found 400 bucks once in a tissue box on a rehab we were doing when I was in high school.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts