Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone does any work for customers who don't personally pay you, but rather somebody else pays you on your customer's behalf? For example, if you are re-installing flooring in a home damaged by Hurricane Sandy, the insurance company is essentially paying you, and not the homeowner.

I'm curious because I am considering targeting these types of jobs. I could be wrong, but I feel like whoever I am doing the work for would be much more willing and happy to cut the check since they themselves aren't paying for the work. This has been my experience with insurance jobs anyway.

So what are some other examples of this? I dunno, government jobs? Any others? Just brainstorming here...thanks!

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I've done insurance jobs, jobs that clients have paid relatives as gifts, jobs that builders have had the client part directly, never had a problem.

·
Sluggin away
1,393 Posts
Insurance work has drastically changed the last 2-3 yrs. 1/2 the insurance companies wont put the contractors name on the check, no matter an ironclad assignment of benefits and the direct pay authorization submitted. I spoke with an adjuster from Am Fam that said it was
. due to to many warranty lawsuits. I would be absolutely terrified to do any FEMA reimbursement work.

203 work is very good. Hook up with a foreclosure realtor and they can steer buyers your way. We do 4-5 month and no hassles

·
Registered
819 Posts
i don't do any homeowner jobs where i don't get a check on my way out the door

wont even do rental property owners unless they show up at time of service

ive spent too much time chasing $250 for months......

the homeowner can get reimbursed by the insurance company...im not waiting months

1 - 5 of 5 Posts