Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
3061 - 3080 of 3084 Posts

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
1,079 Posts
Here's some updated trailer pictures now that it's cleaned up a bit lol. 20'x8' with a 2' Vnose. The cabinet has a space heater in the bottom, it was very effective keeping glues, caulks, batteries and gloves warm over the winter. My personal job box takes up the back space, but I carry so much stuff and it was already organized so... the whole thing got loaded.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,244 Posts
Here's some updated trailer pictures now that it's cleaned up a bit lol. 20'x8' with a 2' Vnose. The cabinet has a space heater in the bottom, it was very effective keeping glues, caulks, batteries and gloves warm over the winter. My personal job box takes up the back space, but I carry so much stuff and it was already organized so... the whole thing got loaded.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Nice

·
Registered
Construction/Restoration
5 Posts
I just found this forum. I've been building this trailer for about a year now. It's a woodworking/metalworking job site trailer. The roof is insulated w/2" rigid insulation. Mounted stationary equipment include dust collection w/4" piped down one side w/5 gates for different pieces of equipment and a 4" Super Dust Deputy Cyclone. The system works great. I've never had problems with the planer clogging. Wen brand bandsaw was picked because max height was 6" which matches the Dewalt 13" planer. I've planed 10' material and it will go much longer. Most stuff is short anyway. The out-feed table acts for both pieces and also is a router table surface (3-1/4hp with JessEm lift and remote switch), work bench and downdraft table for sanding. The table on the other side is 1/4" steel for metal working. An additional 2' table will be added to the other side of the tool box cabinet. It will include a vise and a metal cutting bandsaw mount. The trailer is self contained. The generator will operate all tools, 240/120V welder included. I'd like to convert to solar power and ditch the generator eventually.

There are two circuits. One on the left, one on the right but I typically feed both from a single extension cord. I tried to pick equipment that would operate on a 20amp circuit and most of the time I can plane with dust collection without tripping the breaker. Same goes with table saw and dust collection. When I can't, I fire up the generator and run each circuit into different outlets. I even installed a remote for the dust collection. It's so much fun to work in.
Plant Wheel Tree Wood Tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wood Interior design Table Water
Tire Plant Wheel Road surface Asphalt
Shelf Building Automotive design Interior design Automotive tire

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
2,385 Posts
If your climate has heavy weather, consider painting the plywood floor, ramp, and ramp extension. Use a garage floor paint for grip and durability. Makes it easier to clean as well.

·
Registered
Residential Framing, Post Frame Buildings, Garages
1,337 Posts
How's that harbor freight tool chest holding up to the constant banging and vibration from being on the road everyday? Drawers all work still?
-Chris
I have one in my trailer, been 3 years and drawers still work fine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
661 Posts

Found a 12” Bosch glide sliding miter saw on Craig’s list at a great price that would fit in the space of a non slide dewalt. Just missed by about a 1 1/2”, see notch for handle on right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3061 - 3080 of 3084 Posts