Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 3047 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Stano: I really like the sliding table saw and miter saw. Good job.

DLynch009: I have my brake set up the same as you. Alot of people tell me it's a bad idea, due to turning pieces of aluminum over. I don't have a problem. Anything over 7' I have to step to the back and flip over, but that's pretty rare. It's been there for almost 5 years and has worked out great. No set up time and no loading and unloading.
I have the coil roller on mine, so I don't have to worry about rolling out aluminum.
I do have a shelf over the top of mine. I find it handy to put pieces I've laid out or scrap.
Good looking trailer.

I've noticed a few people posting that they aren't hauling theirs as much as they used to. Unfortunately I noticed that within the first few months. The trailer worked out fine. Hauling it around is a pain. Everyone has a different geographical location, but for me, there were times I had to park about 1/2 block away. Way too much walking. We still take the trailer to some jobs, but it doesn't get hauled around very much.

I'm in a suburban area 90% of the time I have street or driveway parking. That being said I make sure when I go out to do estimates it's a must to mark down whether the trailer can be pulled there or not. More often than not theres a way to make it work. I just like being able to detach the business part of my vehicle and have a normal truck to commute/travel. Before going out on my own we tried many different setups and the trailer works best for me with the material I have to take to a job site and haul away from the job site. Hell, the dump fees charged for hauling doors and windows away in a year can pay for your entire trailer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Alright its that time of year. Anyone have a good electric heater (probably something small) to run in the trailer while on a job, and working in the trailer. Will not be using over night or anything. Products that freeze will either be put in the garage or in the truck. Just looking to keep the trailer warm so I am not freezing my nuts off 100% of the time.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just have a tiny heater. I can deff tell the difference and I'm in truck 8 hrs a day. I wear quality base layers and figerless bike gloves. It's 30 here now. I would of worked all week with a high if 32 if the truck wasn't stalled in the shop getting brakes done. I'm lucky I have some great customers

·
Safety Third
764 Posts
We run baseboard heaters and full hook up hydro to our 50-some odd foot job trailers :laughing: At least the boys are warm during coffee, since it's almost -30C around here, but there's no space to work in ours.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I use a tower heater in my trailer. The kind you buy at Walmart. The trailer isn't insulated so it won't get real hot in there, but that's what I want. If I'm working outside, I'm dressed for the weather. Going into the trailer that is hot, with alot of clothes on, isn't too good for me. The tower heater will take the chill off, but not make it so hot we can't take a break in the trailer.
My brake is set up in the trailer so this is why I would be in and out of the trailer.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,135 Posts
Have a regular RV furnace in mine on a thermostat. Was not a cheap set up , but would not have it any other way.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I use a honeywell thermawave thing for large rooms i got from walmart. Most jobsites are 110 outlets only so i am kind of limited. Next time i buy a trailer i will be putting in 1 or 2" foam before installing shelves and wiring.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I use a honeywell thermawave thing for large rooms i got from walmart. Most jobsites are 110 outlets only so i am kind of limited. Next time i buy a trailer i will be putting in 1 or 2" foam before installing shelves and wiring.

I had a little trailer that i pulled the cheap/flimsy interior walls off and put in 1in thick foam boards and plywood the whole thing and it made a huge difference with temperatures and noise. Plus i had walls I could actually mount stuff too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Sometimes I wish I would of pulled the sheeting off the side walls and put foam there. Did the roof which helps ,plus no roof rattle from the wind. And have padded carpet on the floor . Stays pretty nice in the weather having lately ,but uses a little propane.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I was lucky. The trailer I bought last time was spray foamed and had a sub panel with a 220 heater wired in on the wall. All I had to do was buy a 30 amp 220 breaker and 150' of 10 gauge 4 wire. Even in minus 25C I'm eating my lunch in a tee shirt

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
I was lucky. The trailer I bought last time was spray foamed and had a sub panel with a 220 heater wired in on the wall. All I had to do was buy a 30 amp 220 breaker and 150' of 10 gauge 4 wire. Even in minus 25C I'm eating my lunch in a tee shirt
Is it hard to always come up with 220 to plug in to?

2641 - 2660 of 3047 Posts