Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting back into the residential remodeling market. I'm trying to decrease the amount of bids while increasing the quality of jobs. I'm looking for feedback about the various internet job lead service providers. I've been following five service providers trying to get an idea of what types of jobs their selling and the cost for the job leads. The same leads are showing up on different lead services and selling for different prices. Do you think the services are sharing leads or are the homeowners listing the project on more than one web site? Has any body had any experience dealing with these types of companies.

·
Registered
378 Posts
bob said:
I'm getting back into the residential remodeling market. I'm trying to decrease the amount of bids while increasing the quality of jobs. I'm looking for feedback about the various internet job lead service providers. I've been following five service providers trying to get an idea of what types of jobs their selling and the cost for the job leads. The same leads are showing up on different lead services and selling for different prices. Do you think the services are sharing leads or are the homeowners listing the project on more than one web site? Has any body had any experience dealing with these types of companies.
Bob, i just sign up for renovationexperts.com,paid for five leads at approx 25 each. Results with smaller jobs have not been good ,two leads did not even own the home yet.But i am sitting on one very large project,no contract yet. My advice is to screen the leads carefully,and don,t bother with any that are not money makers. If i was setup for handyman type work i might have better luck with smaller jobs, as it seems that is what these homeowners are looking for. Good question about the sharing of leads,but i think its more likely the homeowners are posting thier projects with several lead services. I have noticed same jobs being posted on same service,sometimes worded differently or broken down into smaller jobs. A large percentage of these homeowners are going to use you as thier price checker,so screen the leads you accept.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts