Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay...I have lived in upstate NY and now reside in lovely NC. I am wondering without wasting a lot of time what is everyone getting in their respected area's for a 24'x24' garage to see how competitive each area is..
24'x24'
poured footings
brick/block foundation 32" high 24" out of the whole.
OSB wrapped
Hardi-siding
Aztec trim
4 windows- vinyl
1- 18x7 door semi insulated
1 36" 1/2 light door

let's keep it simple, but will be fun to find out where everyone is.
Thanks for your input..

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
$3500.00

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Fitty Thou, Tree.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
1100.00 labor, 1900.00 material minus beer money of 2650.00=YOU GUESSED IT $THREE FIDDY!!!!!!! Give er take a fiddy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FUN....glad to see it, thanks to those who are honestly applying. This is just a standard 7-8/12 pitch, trussed or conventional framed roof..pretty simple...only to get an idea..helps everyone.

·
Balding quickly
954 Posts
Wow almost what I would consider clever. The specs kinda gave you away though. If you check out my site you can shoot me an email, the address and name of your clients, and I will contact them with a professional bid. Then we go from there. Just for fun tho:clap:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How does this help everyone?

Help= is to find out what markets are more profitable than others. Especially if your market is weak or strong you get a strong idea whether or not you a properly bidding on your project. Being most are not being competitive to one another.

·
Super Moderator
10,677 Posts
Help= is to find out what markets are more profitable than others. Especially if your market is weak or strong you get a strong idea whether or not you a properly bidding on your project. Being most are not being competitive to one another.
This makes absolutely no sense at all. If you make a decent profit, then you have bid the job right. If you can do basic math and have built other garages,bidding a garage is simple.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Wow almost what I would consider clever. The specs kinda gave you away though. If you check out my site you can shoot me an email, the address and name of your clients, and I will contact them with a professional bid. Then we go from there. Just for fun tho:clap:
Don't forget byour travel time !
I hear Raleigh is really nice this time of year.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Not to be nasty, but if I was a carpenter or into building, I would have to say, "show me yours, and I'll show you mine".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To those who think I am trying to take their work..or that I do not know anything...wrong! Been doing this waaaayyyy to long. Just trying to be helpful, and trying to see what the different area markets can bear. Been in business since 1986, built about everything from a simple porch to 2.5 mill.house, which I finished last June...so...try and be a little more professional than that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.