Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year we did a 54,000 sq. ft. addition for a machine shop that makes parts for JLG. Right now we are doing the underground storm water basin and adjusting existing inlets and regrading the parking lot. At one time, owner had 400 employees but has many of them laid off due to lack of work. JLG has a U.S. govt. contract to make machines for the military to use overseas to search for land mines. JLG contacts the owner we are working for and ask if he wants to build the parts. In order to do so, JLG is making him cut his prices and he said that he will be just breaking even and will not make a dime. He told them that he would do it, just so he can bring some employees back to work because he is a true gentleman.

He gets a call back the next day from JLG and they tell him to forget about it because they signed a contract to have them made in CHINA !!!! :censored:

·
Contractor
7,655 Posts
......Meanwhile it is a Gov contract and the prime contractor will be making a fortune while sending jobs overseas! :furious:

Yesterday I weighed the cost savings/benefit ratio on a torpedo heater. I could get a heater from Lowes, Home Depot, or my local rental store that is locally owned. The heaters at the box stores were made overseas, the heater at the rental store was domestic made but cost more. On this type heater the cost is about 30% more.

Any one care to take a guess as to where I purchased my heater?

I paid the extra for a domestic product! We have to take a stand! Support your local businesses, make a difference!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts