Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy a telescopic forklift and have been unable to decide between the 2005 JLG G6-42 A or the 2005 Genie/Terex GTH 844. Service/parts for both of these are available in my area. The JLG has 42' reach with 6000 lb capacity whereas the Genie/Terex has a 44' reach with a 8000 lb capacity. Price for both is roughly the same at $25,000 - $26,000 with about 3500 hours. Which one of these would you folks recommend ?

Over here in Texas : Skytrak and JLG are the most popular followed by Genie/Terex. Between the JLG and Genie - which is more reliable and easy to use and service/maintain in the long run.

Thanks .

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Just a heads up in case you're unaware, whatever one you buy will have to be inspected, unless the seller is including the inspection.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Helps a lot. Yes, the more the capacity the better. Also, if it was a JLG G9-43A - 9000 lb capacity with 43' reach - what would you say ? Is it better then the Terex GTH 844. Price would be a couple grand more though with similar hours.

By a cab - I am assuming you are referring to the enclosed heated cabs in the JLG. No, it does not have an enclosed cab.

I am unable to decide between the JLG and the Genie/Terex. Just looking for a reliable forklift that is easy to maintain/service/repair

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts