Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Go ask the the rep at the store to let you try it out.....;)

You know something,....

As long as it cuts accurately,,,,,and you like it,,,,buy it,,,

I would rather talk about what you make with it than what it is that cut it,,,,,

I have yet to see a thread where someone asked what they used to cut the wood....:laughing:....

I'm not bolstering ridgid , but you should look at the 12" SCMS.., you get a free stand with it for $499.00 ....I have had one for almost 9 years and I have nothing negative to say about it , other than, I am glad it's on a mobil base....:rolleyes:...:laughing:

Maybe you'll like the Jet,...go check it out,,, see how it feels...

But as far as actually being able to try it....:rolleyes:.....

Lawyers,,,,:rolleyes:

Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
It looks to be a medium line saw at best. The miter scale looks like it stops at45 deg, which if it is, is not up to todays standards. I guess it all depends on what you need to do with it though.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Should we put the link up on the kapex thread Joe.......:blink:

If so,

Position yourself .......

I would suggest a clear landing to the floor with sufficient protection for the fall ......:whistling

I am so sick of talking about what is the best saw,,,,,,,.:rolleyes:

I would rather we do this....

2 simple steps....

What's your budget.$_____________

And well take comand of your decision making:_______________

What Do you think....?:blink:...:laughing:

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
It's says metalworker in your profile . That's the wrong type your looking at .
Very good ,.....:thumbsup:

Write,......

Are we chewing through metal....:blink:

Great observation...

Kudos,,:thumbsup:

Maybe we should add: what are you cutting....:blink: :laughing:

Great observation ......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
When Jack London had his portrait made by the noted San Francisco photographer Arnold Genthe, London began the encounter with effusive praise for the photographic art of his friend and fellow bohemian, Genthe. “you must have a wonderful camera…It must be the best camera in the world…You must show me your camera.” Genthe then used his standard studio camera to make what has since become a classic picture of Jack London. When the sitting was finished, Genthe could not contain himself: “I have read your books, Jack, and I think they are important works of art. You must have a wonderful typewriter.”

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
that miter saw is cheap homeowner quality, it's just like the craftsman and ryobi version

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
All the reviews I have read have said the jet was aloose poorly manufactured saw. It's made in China and doesn't really boast any new technology so it's probably just a rebrand.

·
Carbon Dioxide Producer
782 Posts
Everything I've heard about Jet for the last 8 or 10 years is that they are now just overpriced sloppily made Chinese junk with a lot of cheap pot metal and plastic parts. At one time, at least around here, they were considered a very good brand, but apparently they are now just riding their previous reputation straight into the ground. Maybe they have heard all the complaints and things have changed, but I don't think I would spend my money to find out. JMHO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts