Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 2 hytachi framing guns. They jam occasionally. I have yet not figured out how to get the nail out. help.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
I own 2 hytachi framing guns. They jam occasionally. I have yet not figured out how to get the nail out. help.
You can't get them out.Send the two that you have with the nails stuck in them:blink:and I will use the for spare parts.:whistling

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
They jam occasionally? How would you know, if you can't get the nail out? Did the first one jamb once, you purchase a second, and now that one is jambed? :eek:

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
They jam occasionally? How would you know, if you can't get the nail out? Did the first one jamb once, you purchase a second, and now that one is jambed? :eek:
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have owned them both for 5-6 years and while using them, sometime they will jam for whatever reason and once in a while the nail gets in there so tight it needs to be taken apart which I hate to do because of the spring in the nail magazine comes undone. I was hoping to see if some one has an easy fix before I take it to the shop or if it is something I could do.

·
Design Build
8,628 Posts

Okay......Hitachi has their name stamped on the side of the gun. H I T A C H I

Is your jam a double feed, a misaligned single nail, or something else?

This site is not Craig'slist for wannabees. I will always help someone out if I can.....but its a give and take relationship. If you want real help - go to an authorized Hitachi repair center and watch them fix your gun. Then you will know how to do it yourself...and you can help out the next guy.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Okay......Hitachi has their name stamped on the side of the gun. H I T A C H I

Is your jam a double feed, a misaligned single nail, or something else?

This site is not Craig'slist for wannabees. I will always help someone out if I can.....but its a give and take relationship. If you want real help - go to an authorized Hitachi repair center and watch them fix your gun. Then you will know how to do it yourself...and you can help out the next guy.
Not to mention he said...
"I have yet not figured out how to get the nail out."
Kina' confused matters a bit...:laughing:

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
So you started ANOTHER thread with the same question???:blink:

·
Design Build
8,628 Posts
Yeah. I get the feeling you guys dont know anything about nail guns. Although you spell good.
spell WELL dude:thumbsup:;)

Yup...you busted us out.............we're justa bunch of old farts waiting around like dutiful free customer service reps, waiting to help some guy who can't figure things out for himself.

Oh wait...that would be a lie.:w00t:

I actually use a NR90AC3 - 6 days a week. If it ever jams, it only happens when the nail clip is down to 3 or 4 nails. I take it upon myself to figure out how to fix it. I use a 1/8" straight shaft nail set to tap the driver back over the offending chinese nail.

Man up and be well.

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
the actual "hammer rod" is just a plunger with the rod part sticking out. Clip the nail off if you can and find a metal rod around the same diameter ( I used a miniroller) and "tamped" it out of a BAD lock up I had earlier this year. Don't take it apart.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
If the piston is stuck, take a hammer and nail and push it back down. If there's a nail in the magazine sideways, take an allen key, loosen the hex screw and pick at it with another nail.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts