Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
:eek:

That was the most hideous offset I have ever seen! He made the wrong bend first too.

This didn't even explain the deductions. At the very beginning he had the pipe in the wrong way on the bender too.

I guess I've been doing it wrong all this time too.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,330 Posts
I like the quick edit they did after he did the bend it was all crooked and then they showed the final product and it was perfect. Uh huh. Nice edit.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the quick edit they did after he did the bend it was all crooked and then they showed the final product and it was perfect. Uh huh. Nice edit.
No they didn't even put in the effort, he bends it incorrectly then holds up a useless bend. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I don't know nothing about bending conduit, but...

When he was making the first 10* bend, shouldn't the bend have stopped when the hash mark for 10* was on the ground? And then when he went to make the other bend, is it just me or did he just undo the first bend?. Very bizarre tutorial

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know nothing about bending conduit, but...

When he was making the first 10* bend, shouldn't the bend have stopped when the hash mark for 10* was on the ground? And then when he went to make the other bend, is it just me or did he just undo the first bend?. Very bizarre tutorial
You really have to know the basics of conduit bending to understand how terrible the tutorial actually was. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
And then when he went to make the other bend, is it just me or did he just undo the first bend?. Very bizarre tutorial
Yes, and it was also a "hair" or 35 over a 10 degree bend. No offense to Carpenters, but this is what you get when you rely on a Carpenter that works at Lowes for advice.:laughing:

EDIT-I was curious as to the comments on you tube so I checked them out. They pretty much mirror ours here.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, and it was also a "hair" or 35 over a 10 degree bend. No offense to Carpenters, but this is what you get when you rely on a Carpenter that works at Lowes for advice.:laughing:

EDIT-I was curious as to the comments on you tube so I checked them out. They pretty much mirror ours here.
A carpenter could do a better job.

And who bends a box kick on the ground?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am planning on running a little conduit at my place. I bought a bender.....not as easy as it looks.......
Bending is easy, measuring and marking is slow and boring. Keeping your pipe straight so you don't get a dog leg can be tricky. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts