Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For another CT competition,,,,,,,,,,,

Here's the deal.......

Captain Leo posted a great thread on a gentleman that has some unbelievable workmanship as a craftsman,,,,,,,,Randall..:http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?161218-quot-old-money-quot

Now ,
Who knows,...we may have another Randell amongst us,,,,you never know.....:whistling

Something you can pick and chip at when you come home from work......

Here is what I am willing to do on my end,,,, I have an in to get some embroidery work done, or silk screen work done.... Professionally done....

What I was thinking.....

Weather you carve or not,,,,it doesn't require a lot of material, inexpensive tooling....and you can go to town with what ever it is you want to do,,,,,,maybe you never knew you had it in you.....:blink:

Winner .......gets some really nice, professional looking business attire at my expense,,,,,,

This place has become stagnant IMO since Nathen left us and I want to change gears with CT,.....I want To give back.......to a place I very much enjoyed in the past...I have the feeling corporate America has taken over (just a WAG) ,and the result......:rolleyes: hopefully we can change that, if you want to get involved.......:blink:

Anyways.....

Here is what you will get.......

$1000,00 worth of custom made t-shirts or short sleeve collar shirts with your company stitched or silk screened.,,,,,,amount....? Somewhere around 100-200, all depends.......

I will work out the details......hopefully ...we can get back what CT has lost.........

If the reaction is lack luster ,....it's dead....if we can actually get some serious interest...than that's something that will keep this moving forward......

B,

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Good grief,Brian---

I haven't carved anything for a long time----I tried carving to make money---that fellow simply carves money---I like his thinking---

Do we have any carvers here?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Bird houses were fun to watch.

I myself have no hobbies/crafts other than work,fish and duck hunt.

You snowed in guys need something to do.

·
Registered
Custom
13,689 Posts
I'm inspired and may even join in... I think you need to set the ground rules, time-frame, etc...

Might even be willing to kick in a $100 Visa gift card to the 2nd place winner depending on the details...

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I carve a chunk of change in my back account every time I buy a tool. :thumbup:......wait......:sad:

My grandfather was a carver. So it might be buried deep within.....who knows.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well see Parker,....
I have a feeling this idea I came up with is heading south....

Once the comedians come on here......that's usually a sign its not being taken seriously......unfortunately...:rolleyes:

But well see what happens...;)

B,:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Well see Parker,....
I have a feeling this idea I came up with is heading south....

Once the comedians come on here......that's usually a sign its not being taken seriously......unfortunately...:rolleyes:

But well see what happens...;)

B,:rolleyes:
Sorry, I felt bad all day about my post this morning. Hope there are some guys out there with some talent that can show us some stuff. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I used to carve little teekee gods as a kid, but that took very little talent.
I think we could have a $10 - $20 dollar entrance fee.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts