Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received this email today from Woodcraft ......another " One-Time" run. I think I went ballistic the last time about the last "limited Run" specialty tool....."The Square"........:rolleyes: anyways.....

But seriously.....

I'm trying to see what good this new "limited run special" would be.....:blink:

Here's a blip of info......

"That's right, double accuracy. Here's why. You've set your Bar Gauge and found the perfect measurement. You've tightened the knurled brass knobs and locked the bars in place. Now go straight to your saw and use the Bar Gauge to set your table saw fence, or a stop block to your chop saw. Just leave your tape measure in your pocket. The Bar Gauge gives you super-accurate, repeatable results every time".

"I've Found the perfect measurement"......now how does that happen.......:blink:

Am I missing something here.....:blink:

http://www.woodcraft.com/category/3/1001069/2084361/Woodpeckers OneTime Tool Program.aspx

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
More fancy chit for the fancy tool collectors who have dust free perfectly organized workshops, and money to burn... just my opinion tho :laughing:

hmmm, beyond the folding stick measure with slide out .... :clap: Ive used tape and sticks, two sticks and pencil mark, sticks and brad nailer, tracing guide - "Don't need no stinking tool that costs a century note" :laughing:

and still maintaining triple and quadruple accuracy

·
Registered
573 Posts
Funny that is the the first thing that came to mind the slide folding rule.

All those parts are pretty damn generic. Wouldn't be hard to cobble something together for much cheaper.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously.....

I keep picturing the process.......

So, ......I use my "tape measure" to "find " 6-3/8,......low and behold- there is 6-3/8":eek:....so now I am told to shove the tape measure in my pocket- so I cross cut the wood at 6-3/8...so am I supposed to use that jig up against my wood piece.....:blink: that means I need to somehow figure out how I am going to get this jig to the same length as my wood piece?...

Or ,
Set the fence on the table saw or chop saw when I "find" the perfect measurement. Then when I get that - whip out that jig that sits nestled in its plush box, and do my stuff..........

What if I am not square to a table fence with the jeweled jig....:blink:

I just don't see how "great" this thing is....:blink: reminds me of the $200.00 square- another, "hurry up and order cult members" cause it's another "short run".....

Ahhh,....:mad:...:rolleyes:

I could see if they come out with something "useful" ...but this Sh!t...:rolleyes:

JMPOV,

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not a Festool junkie.....far from it......

The only tool that I was enamored with was the Domino,.....now THAT is one very nice little machine.......

This jig just set me off.....it's flawed.....IMO...

But hey,....
I am sure that someone will buy it ....but as far as practicality....:rolleyes:

JMPOV,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts