Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello all from Derby city. Just thought it was time to introduce myself. I have recently gotten the itch to write something but I always told myself you better not! Now that this is done I guess I can contribute...

Ryan

·
odcarp
7 Posts
Lot's of negativity on ct. What is so wrong with asking other contractors about pricing, is that a bad thing to ask on a construction website, with fellow contractors from all over the country. Sometimes you run into jobs that your not familiar with and little feedback goes a long way. By the way I'm from Nj. i'm not talking about myself I sit on the sidelines and watch how others answer the young guns on this site. Some of these guys and girls are fresh in the trade, they need some feedback on prices so they can alter their numbers accordingly,it's obvious they know the trade enough to venture out on their own, but pricing out jobs is new territory for them, ct is a way to talk to their peers and develop those skills and not go on rants and sarcastic comments. I know it's the way we rib the rookies on the job but this after all is Contractor Talk . that's why we're here. Thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
To me, it's one thing if you are asking how much a certain type of plywood costs in my part of the country but it's completely another if you want to know how much you should charge to make some shelves out of that sheet of plywood. I think most people here will explain to you that there is no possible way for us to answer that question for you. It's different for everyone and it's something you just have to figure out with experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts