Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scrapped all my old cars yesterday, the guy shows up with a big flat bed. Seeing my junk is in the woods high on a hill I used my van to get them down!

For some reason the trail seems tighter now after several years!

It helps I drove them up there I guess!

The cargo van came first! Flat tires etc,I dragged that literally stuck in gear then it broke loose with no brakes he did miss me as he threw it in park.

The big 87 was next, clipped a tree with the rear bedside it was still moving so I kept it going thinking it was brushing against the tree!

I get out and I peeled the bedside right off the truck, never spun a tire! The guys were there saying that van just pulls and pulls don't it!

Next was the extended cab no problems at all but the dam jimmy!

I couldn't get the key too turn or steer or even get it out of gear. Electric crap!!

Spun all 4 tires sitting there wouldn't even budge,
Gave it some slack and it moved a couple seconds later I was dragging it at a angle, that's when the guy realized it was awd lmao

I would love too hook up too a truck someday!

·
Can I get an Amen?
1,310 Posts
Awesome story, where are the pics and video?
Would be great to see some of that in action.

My boy and I snatched a conex in a parking lot once, so a flat bed could tow it out.
It was a blast, wish I could have gone across the whole lot with it, would have made a better video.
Had it been any harder, I think my truck would have toasted the tranny.:laughing:

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard the dude say, your into the tree, too me it sounded like grazing it! Then he said that works too!!

If you would of seen my face when I got out, I looked and I said that wasn't good enough to get a video of wtf!! He did say it looked awesome!

Couldn't open the door the bedside was jammed into it!

All I got for a pic was my old truck and my kids first car I bought her, that stayed locked up till halfway down the hill !

Attachments

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No doubt it does back in the day I had my wife's astro awd die and wouldn't budge, I used the gray truck and tightned the chain and that was it just sat there spinning all tires idling!

Hooked up the van, the van had off road tires as well and dragged that thing where I wanted, even had to drag it sideways to clear a tree!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts