Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how I got through today and the rest of the week that didnt go right at all. Man it was one step forward and two steps back, on top of a couple years of same thing. Ran into a guy that had 14 surgeries in the last ten years (last one quadruple bypass), all of of sudden I felt better :thumbup:. Yes its tough out there. Step back for a second and think about how it could be worse. It could be worse.

·
"Pro"
628 Posts
For sure...I had a real eye-opener earlier this year when I was in the hospital for about a week for something that was very serious at the time....Felt kinda down for a while, however I was put on the Oncology floor and saw people that were terminal and quite a few weren't actually that old...Things can always be worse...sometimes you just need an eye-opener to kinda make you think a little bit...

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Met a guy. Told him all my troubles. He said, "Cheer up, things could be worse."

I cheered up.......... and sure 'nuff, things got worse.

·
Average Joe
1,209 Posts
TRUTH!~ :notworthy

I was quietly bitching and moaning about how I need to get away from work all last week. Then I ended up in the hospital, waiting for the docs to put my lips back together...THANKS 2x12 :thumbsup:.

As you're sitting there, you realize you miss work :w00t:

You only wish today was as lame/tedious/boring/exhausting/frustrating as all the other days you bitched about. If you could only have that day back.

A woman next to me in the waiting area told me how she lost her niece in a car crash. How she got the call, she just saw her a week before, now she's gone, forever. Just like that, deal with it.

We could all be in a lot of places where we would be begging to have back what we have right now. Think about it.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
My 1st job, I got shot at, bombed, had to live outside and squat to poop. Slept in the rain and had to shake snow off of my sleeping bag in the morning. Once, I laid my sleeping bag in a puddle of water, slipped into it with muddy boots and all my clothes on and slept like a baby. I drank from a cow's trough, ate frozen rice and thought it was great. I also shaved my head and took showers with men...:w00t:

My worst day today, is Heaven! I laugh when others whine like sniveling babies. Life is great and I live every day to the fullest.:thumbup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Reminds me of my dad.
WWII, machine gun section sgt., Burma Road, pack mules, trudged 500 miles up and down mountains, ate food cooked in a helment, clothing torn by shrapnel, dud grenade dropped in his foxhole, saw men drop around him like flys, malaria, one year+ in combat.
Didn't talk about it much. Anything life threw at him didn't faze him much.

I guess it is human nature to compare one's own state of being with others. Strange how the plight of those around you can make you feel better or worse about your own plight.

My 1st job, I got shot at, bombed, had to live outside and squat to poop. Slept in the rain and had to shake snow off of my sleeping bag in the morning. Once, I laid my sleeping bag in a puddle of water, slipped into it with muddy boots and all my clothes on and slept like a baby. I drank from a cow's trough, ate frozen rice and thought it was great. I also shaved my head and took showers with men...:w00t:

My worst day today, is Heaven! I laugh when others whine like sniveling babies. Life is great and I live every day to the fullest.:thumbup:

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Tulsa, I tried to respond to your potential partnership thread at RC today and Warrior told me you were bumped. What gives. What'd I miss.
You didnt miss much, Im an a**hole with a low tolerance for BS and it gets me in trouble. I'm getting older, life is tough right now and I drink too much also, all these things make me hard to get along with. I could be nicer but choose not to be. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
I think we all like you here...so far.:laughing:

There's BS on any forum-including here.

If someone takes a crack at you, think before posting. Most of the regulars can tell when someone is just having a bad day.

I dont know your situation at the other forum, but you've got a fresh start here!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think we all like you here...so far.:laughing:

There's BS on any forum-including here.

If someone takes a crack at you, think before posting. Most of the regulars can tell when someone is just having a bad day.

I dont know your situation at the other forum, but you've got a fresh start here!:thumbsup:
Love the avatar :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts