What are the technical requirements that make partitioning an office space more complex than just throwing up some new walls? I'm responding to a referral that I don't very much expect to convert to a job, but I figure I might as well learn something. I realize that requirements may be different in California, where I'm located, but most things will be common to most states.
1) Sprinklering - The building is sprinklered. Does every room have to have sprinkler coverage?
2) Electrical - I know residential requirements, but not commercial. Are receptacles required in office spaces the way they are in residential?
3) Lighting - I would expect that separate lighting controls are required in every room. This being California, there will be other requirements for high-efficiency lights.
4) Egress - No puzzles in the current case.
5) ADA - I don't know what claims the current space has about accessibility; doors and signage might need to meet ADA standards.
6) Ventilation/mechanical - Must every room in a commercial space have ventilation?
Any other major technical requirements?
I've worked on a few TI projects before, but with plans in hand, so I don't know what's necessary v. customary. Basically, I don't even know what I don't know.