Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I'm no minimalist, but I'd have to disagree there. It can have extra weight, extra cost, less margin, bulky "look", and lose bids, too.
I agree with that, but remember we are in the masonry forum.

I think masons as a whole tend to over build rather than under build, especially on more custom projects.

If you kick a hole through a tile job no big deal, if a chimney tips over it is a much bigger deal.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
I agree with that, but remember we are in the masonry forum.

I think masons as a whole tend to over build rather than under build, especially on more custom projects.

If you kick a hole through a tile job no big deal, if a chimney tips over it is a much bigger deal.
:) I can appreciate that.

Completely off-topic, but you know what else is a big deal? I was searching for my collection of Calvin & Hobbes books that I left at the family beach house for others to discover and enjoy. Well, turns out one of my sisters saw the crate and donated them to Goodwill....grrrr :censored:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
:) I can appreciate that.

Completely off-topic, but you know what else is a big deal? I was searching for my collection of Calvin & Hobbes books that I left at the family beach house for others to discover and enjoy. Well, turns out one of my sisters saw the crate and donated them to Goodwill....grrrr :censored:
That's a crime.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts