Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Possibly going with shallower sinks and eliminate the dispose would help.

But everyone is right, water don't flow up hill. And, if you go with this set up, it will work. But, every pipe below the termination point will be filled with drain water, including the disposer. This would smell and then attract tiny flies.

It's a no go.

·
hack of all trades
1,144 Posts
It's plastic pipe- can be very easily modified to suit your install. I've seen a lot of people rigging things to meet an existing stub out when all you need to do is open up the drywall behind a cabinet that can be repaired with a simple 1 or 2 coats of mud. I guess it's easy to say just do it, but if you're working on limited budget and only hooking up a sink it will double time spent.

·
Registered
819 Posts
its not legal for multiple reasons

trap depth is 2-4" ....your making your whole system a trap

also the vent needs to be on the same horizontal plane....your running your pipes uphill to that plane....

you could try a 4" deep trap....most plastic p traps ad be reversed to give you the 4" depth....if it still isnt enough then you need to cut the wall open and lower it

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Your profile states your a GC.

But, once again you ask a stupid question.

I'm a GC and if that drawing is a true rendering of the pipes elevations
than no it won't work.

Hire a REAL plumber to fix it, Does it have a vent ????
Of course it has a vent, what are the two holes in the sink where the plug goes for? :laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.