Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
42,651 Posts
Someone may of lost their job over it also. But hey, she got her discount.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
42,651 Posts
Some people just don't have any self respect. It reminds of when people call me for an estimate and they flat out tell me they are just trying to get their contractor to come down in price so do you give free estimates? Not a great comparison, but it's the same class of people.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Some people just don't have any self respect. It reminds of when people call me for an estimate and they flat out tell me they are just trying to get their contractor to come down in price so do you give free estimates? Not a great comparison, but it's the same class of people.
Yep. And they have no idea that anyone else would see any problem with their behavior.

Last year I went to look at a possible bathroom project. We sat down in the customer's recently-remodeled kitchen, and she told me all about how she had blackmailed the contractor into giving her all sorts of extra work and free upgrades, with threats of lawsuits, bad reviews, license problems, and so on. She clearly had no idea that her story might affect my interest in doing her project.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
42,651 Posts
CarpenterSFO said:
Yep. And they have no idea that anyone else would see any problem with their behavior. Last year I went to look at a possible bathroom project. We sat down in the customer's recently-remodeled kitchen, and she told me all about how she had blackmailed the contractor into giving her all sorts of extra work and free upgrades, with threats of lawsuits, bad reviews, license problems, and so on. She clearly had no idea that her story might affect my interest in doing her project.
Well I don't know if it's no morals, or just stupidity, or both. Of course she wanted you to know how smart she was. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
11,206 Posts
Well I don't know if it's no morals, or just stupidity, or both. Of coarse she wanted you to know how smart she was. Unbelievable.
You've been working with sandpaper for too long. (Of course.) :laughing:

It's both. Her sleazy reputation will precede her with friends, neighbors, work colleagues, hairdresser, gardener, food servers and anyone else that crosses her path.....for years to come. Really dumb. More backlash to come.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I can't say I'm that sorry to see HD get a little reaming. Don't they have anyone to proof the ad? Anyone to check it once in a while?

This lady is a bit of a piece of work, too. Overall, I thinks it's pretty darned funny!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks like H.D. Got $100,000 worth of excellent goodwill advertising for $4200 and because she's was paying attention she saved some bucks. In fact she should have put it on a H.D. credit card and saved another 20%.The worker who caused it all probably got the key to the executive washroom, everybody happy happy.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
I don't think she was wrong. If I gave an estimate on a job and messed up the price and didn't realize and then took the money up front for the work its my fault and no one else's that I priced it wrong. I have priced jobs wrong in the past and still went through with it even though I made a loss.

They prob still made money on that material. You wouldn't believe how cheap they get some of their stuff.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,586 Posts
She ripped them off.... Hope she sleeps good tonight.

Karma is a b!tch, and it will soon bite her in the a$$
I am a firm believer in what goes around, comes back around 10 fold. Good or bad. Worthless piece of ****, even if it is HD she ripped off, she's no better than a thief who comes in the night IMO.:censored:

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.