Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Is this a missing cover?

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  justthecowboy 
#1 ·
It was brought to the attention of the the Vice President of the Condo Association that this was a hazard as people could be hurt, if not killed, water intrusion, etc. He was advised that someone (possibly an unlicensed contractor, maintenance person) had to open the junction box that was there by taking the top off, disconnect all the connections, remove the conduit fittings, remove the box from the wall, and then reconnected all the electrical connections. He stated I was wrong. "Something or someone removed the cover and it simply needs to be put back on." Who is right? Humerous comments are welcomed 😆

See less See more
#4 ·
No, just a concerned former owner who is tired of the current vice-president BSing the owners that are still there. I feel bad for the current owners who have to deal with someone who has no construction experience, but will dismiss those that do. I have overseen over 150 full home rehabs working under a GC. This is the same sort of brush-off I got when I owned there. I just figured some humorous replies would be funny as he is basically blaming someone for knocking the cover off.

#5 ·
That's terrible. I have a customer that bought a house locally and I can see tons of dyi shoddy things done to put lipstick on a pig.

They have multiple layers of siding and all eaves and penetrations are cobbled together to extend. The service entrance is stuccoed over on leaving the globe protruding.
Sucks for everyone moving forward

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.