Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a contractor doing drywall work for me (see pics). I feel as though he is doing a terrible job, but when i approach him, he claims these issues will be fixed during mudding. Am I wrong to feel concerned here? I feel like I should stop him and get someone else but I don't know if I'm over reacting.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Jeez, is that ink pen?

One would think with that large of a targeting system he'd a hit a little closer.

Is this clown doing the taping?

·
Registered
12 Posts
haha. This is not a good job. You can do a lot with mud and tape though to make a poorly hung job look decent. But, still, there is no excuse to leave large gaps around electrical. Also, this guy doesn't even know where to break the rock at, etc.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
That looks like a job my son in laws father does lmao

That guys a fricken hack, the tighter and cleaner you do the hanging the better the finish will be!!
Throw him off the site now!!!

I had to hire a guy once and his actual name was close enough drywall, I told him he wasn't and there was no need to finish I would stay late and do it !!!

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
and I thought i hung bad drywall, he makes me look like a pro

Reactions: FRAME2FINISH

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
I'm hanging and finishing right now!! It pisses me off when I chip a little by an outlet, I even back cut it too prevent it but I tape them all anyways,

I'm thinking I should specialize after seeing that job ,,

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
What you should definitely do is..........STOP PAYING HIM!

And stop any checks if you still can. But he probably demanded cash to quickly satisfy his meth habit.

Not to pile it on, but that is not only "not a good job", that is a total effing mess.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
Is that a clip on nail bag:blink:?? LMAO!!!!!:laughing::laughing:

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
Thanks! I knew it! Now how do I get rid of him? Do I need to provide written notice?
That I can't help you with. I've never been run off a job before..:laughing:

I'd say pay him for what he's done so far [you hired him /you eat it]
Then send him on his way.

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
"your fired" is not enough?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.