Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the board here. I work in construction but I want to start my own blasting shop after doing it for a little while as a hobby / sidework. I like the mobile setups, but know I will need a shop eventually. There is a guy really close to me selling a soda blasting rig on eBay. Do you guys think this is a good buy or should I be shooting for something bigger and more versatile? I can buy other pots for other media, but I really like that the compressor has just over 900 hours. What do you guys think:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAST-CHANCE...Sand-Blaste-/271357140518?hash=item3f2e255e26

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wouldn't say it's a great deal, the value would be in the compressor and air drying equipment. I'd say $7,500 is a good deal and $10K would be fair market value.

I picked up this set-up with the same hours used for $15K. It is a SB-200-M so it comes with a soda pot and a multi-grit sanstorm pot. (one on the right)

The soda blasters aren't really popular anymore.

·
Bob
512 Posts
If you really wanted to shoot soda that looks like a decent deal, it would be an expensive rig bought new. However, IMO soda has been severely oversold as the answer to everything much the way wet blasting is being hyped today. As they say, when you only have a hammer everything starts looking like a nail. Nice compressor though, depending on the kind of jobs you can get might dictate a more appropriate pot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts