Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a question..passed a construction site today, a new house. I noticed on top of the studs going all around the home were i think 2 x 12's . These separated the top and bottom floors and then there were the same 2 x 12's at the very top floor. Since i am only a window salesman, have no idea what the technical term is. What is it called?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'm bored. I'll bite.

Are they vertical, or horizontal?

Can it be the Rim Band?

Got a picture?

·
Accidental Painter
2,292 Posts
Well now wait a minute griz!!

He did say it was for the second floor, thereby making it a bastard blend of floor/ceiling joists. If he was standing on them yelling at his helper underneath, confusion may ensue....

Would it then be a case of "not your left, my left"?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Here we go! Us Pittsburgh guys have a way to speak! Yeenze all follow that! Just "red" up the place! and, etc. THAT is the way we do speak here in the "burgh" born here, and 50+ years doing it! LOL (help me out fellows) BUT do ya all put roof "sheathing down or sheetin'", and or "flashing, or flashin'".

Then we locals can pull out the WILD CARD!

We all Remember the great, late, Myron Cope! He had his own personal way to speak! A true LEGEND! Let the towel fly!

·
General Contractor
8,083 Posts
have a question..passed a construction site today, a new house. I noticed on top of the studs going all around the home were i think 2 x 12's . These separated the top and bottom floors and then there were the same 2 x 12's at the very top floor. Since i am only a window salesman, have no idea what the technical term is. What is it called?
Thanks
Don't quit your day job... stick to selling windows and buy the book that Griz suggested, it will help allot :thumbsup:

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Not quite sure.....:blink:

On a side note: Greg, I think you sent me the left handed hammer instead of the right handed,....I'm noticing that my swing is not fluid,...sorta off balance, can you check to make sure that you sent me the write one,....I think it's left handed..it's hard to tell.....:blink:

Thanks ,

B,;)..:thumbsup:

·
General Contractor
8,083 Posts
Not quite sure.....:blink:

On a side note: Greg, I think you sent me the left handed hammer instead of the right handed,....I'm noticing that my swing is not fluid,...sorta off balance, can you check to make sure that you sent me the write one,....I think it's left handed..it's hard to tell.....:blink:

Thanks ,

B,;)..:thumbsup:
Check if you left a window open, you probably getting a draft is why your swing off balance :laughing::thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts