Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I think its more along the lines of making you buy new tool models to get the extra capacity
And that's the way out of the makita battery problem for those with their tooling. Buy another complete set of new from a diff mfgr and have one person/crew keep using the older makitas until they run out of batteries to switch into them. I did this with the older milwaukees, used them for other jobs or had another person use them. Eventually I just put them into the trash and when the garbageman came by, he opened our container and had the look like he struck paydirt. He's out there every day, rain, snow, etc. so it was a good cause. I also give away a lot of the older tools to people that look like they are good people and could use it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Makita do a whole range of cordless tools with those 4.0ah battery's here in nz

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
this is pretty odd that their just now putting out the 4 amp batteries.. bosch is getting ready to release 5 amp batteries in the spring, just after their new 18v and 12v brushless lineup comes out

maybe makita is up to something that we dont know about and its a good thing.. even with the wait.. if dewalt sticks with tradition they wont release their 4.o amp batteries til everyone else has theirs out for atleast 2 years

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
woodworkbykirk said:
this is pretty odd that their just now putting out the 4 amp batteries.. bosch is getting ready to release 5 amp batteries in the spring, just after their new 18v and 12v brushless lineup comes out maybe makita is up to something that we dont know about and its a good thing.. even with the wait.. if dewalt sticks with tradition they wont release their 4.o amp batteries til everyone else has theirs out for atleast 2 years
I guess your talking about dewalt 5ah as they have had 4ah for a while now. Makita is way behind on battery capacity currently. They may as well wait a couple months and release a 6ah

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
Tesla is using 3.4AH Panasonic cells, so we could have a 6.8 pack with those, but you'd only get around 400 watts out.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts