Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. Is it ok to see the paper through the mud? I know the drywall is paper also and you paint that but is it ok with the tape? Reason is even after using a setting tool to install the no coat 325 I still see paper in place and after sanding will def hit paper on the corners.

Property Floor Wall Room Door

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
The idea with No-Coat is to hit the edge and feather away from the corner. No compound/spackle/mud on the paper towards the corner.

I quit using No-Coat when I got the BTE corner taping set.

Tom

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
tack a nail on each side of the bottom ..So chords and hoses won't pop her loose. :thumbsup:

If you ever get a job close to Lynchburg BC ..call me. It would be cool to meet you. I may have a few homes coming up in New London this winter . I live in Buckingham county ,,but Appomattox /Campbell keep me pretty busy . crazy busy right now !!!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
blacktop said:
tack a nail on each side of the bottom ..So chords and hoses won't pop her loose. :thumbsup: If you ever get a job close to Lynchburg BC ..call me. It would be cool to meet you. I may have a few homes coming up in New London this winter . I live in Buckingham county ,,but Appomattox /Campbell keep me pretty busy . crazy busy right now !!!
Off topic, but when you said New London, is that the one in Pennsylvania?

Edit: after looking at a map, I assume it's not. Carry on, gents.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blacktop said:
tack a nail on each side of the bottom ..So chords and hoses won't pop her loose. :thumbsup:

If you ever get a job close to Lynchburg BC ..call me. It would be cool to meet you. I may have a few homes coming up in New London this winter . I live in Buckingham county ,,but Appomattox /Campbell keep me pretty busy . crazy busy right now !!!
I don't normally get out that far. Normally only 10 miles out at most from home normally. If I do ever get that way I will give you a shout though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts