Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
Cannot wait for the NFL to start up...I've never been much into the college games, but the last few years I've been watching the dawgs occasionally.

But, I'm all about the NFL. Listen to it Sun a.m. on sports radio, watch the pre-games show, then football all day...love it.

Swmbo has gotten real into it over the last few years, so we make a day of it. I don't like going to any parties, especially super bowl parties, 'cause I want to watch/hear the game instead of some dumbass yackin' at me while my team is on 4th and 1....:censored:

Can't wait, it won't be long now...:clap:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Cannot wait for the NFL to start up...I've never been much into the college games, but the last few years I've been watching the dawgs occasionally.

But, I'm all about the NFL. Listen to it Sun a.m. on sports radio, watch the pre-games show, then football all day...love it.

Swmbo has gotten real into it over the last few years, so we make a day of it. I don't like going to any parties, especially super bowl parties, 'cause I want to watch/hear the game instead of some dumbass yackin' at me while my team is on 4th and 1....:censored:

Can't wait, it won't be long now...:clap:
I cant wait to see what Matt Ryan does this year. Looks like the '***** have finally gotten a franchise player that can help win games.
Maybe now the diehard fans can forgive the falcons for trading Brett Favre all those years ago:censored:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am a huge fan of OU football so you all probably can understand how thrilled I was when last September I got a commission to design the head coach's new personal home as a result of this home.

During our first meeting the coach asked if I ever attended any games, to which I replied, “I used to several years ago but I have a hard time negotiating a 90k stadium these days”

His response was “you can use my luxury skybox….has an elevator straight to the top”.

Can’t get any better than that.

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I am a huge fan of OU football so you all probably can understand how thrilled I was when last September I got a commission to design the head coach's new personal home as a result of this home.

During our first meeting the coach asked if I ever attended any games, to which I replied, “I used to several years ago but I have a hard time negotiating a 90k stadium these days”

His response was “you can use my luxury skybox….has an elevator straight to the top”.

Did ya ask him why they always choke in big games:whistling:laughing:

·
Registered
32 Posts
No:no:

But I remember Ga. was ranked #1 pre-season last year....why would I jeoperdize an offer like that:no:

I'm looking to get design commissions from every head coach in the US:laughing:

And get poor in the process!:eek:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
No:no:

But I remember Ga. was ranked #1 pre-season last year....why would I jeoperdize an offer like that:no:

I'm looking to get design commissions from every head coach in the US:laughing:

And get poor in the process!:eek:
and all the die hard UGA fans knew it was a curse to be the
preseason #1:mad:
hell it only lasted 2 weeks I think before they folded under the pressure of Bama.
coming in as the underdog this year though:thumbsup:
might just slip in the backdoor if FLA slips up

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
and all the die hard UGA fans knew it was a curse to be the
preseason #1:mad:
hell it only lasted 2 weeks I think before they folded under the pressure of Bama.
coming in as the underdog this year though:thumbsup:
might just slip in the backdoor if FLA slips up
God's not gonna let FL slip up though :furious:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
we're talking about college kids here. anything can happen.
with everyone already giving the title to FLA just makes it that much easier for them to believe the hype(like UGA last year)
I could see FLA getting caught in a letdown game and losing 1 or 2 games. For instance with all the hype surrounding the FLA/Tenn game already cause of Tippin running off at the mouth this summer. FLA will come out emotionally charged and embarrass the Vols.
but the next game they travel to Kentucky which could be a huge letdown spot due to the big game the week before.
keep that in mind if you ever bet on college football

·
Registered
444 Posts

BOOMER SOONER

Been watching OU football since the 60"s.
My Brother is Head Coach at Chandler. He got a "get back" from stoops at a clinic. Bob told them full access but told them to "get back" when they got close.

If we can get past Texass we've got a good chance at the MNC.

·
Freelance Gynecologist
94 Posts
He's baaaaaaaack!!

Breaking news......
NEW YORK(AP)—Michael Vick(notes) was reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday and could play in regular season games as early as October.

I personally don't care to watch him and care less if any team picks him up.

I just figured he'd have received more punishment from the NFL than this.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im an animal lover more than alot of people I know (wife included) I tend to put them over humans etc....yada yada

and at first I thought Vick should never be allowed to play again, but recently I've been gravitating towards the side of hes paid his dues he should be allowed to resume his career. I challenge anyone to look up another case where someone was accused of dog fighting/killing and they did two years in a federal penitentiary. You wont find it. He was under punished in my opinion but the law works on previous cases, and in that sense he was obsurdly over punished. Hes done his time, if a team wants to take a chance then let them.

Hell even the Head guy at PETA says he should be reinstated.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts