Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I hear ya I'm ready for some football. I can't wait for the Browns to win the superbowl this year. :clap:
I don't know about the Browns winning the Superbowl this year. That is definitely going to be the division to watch though. Bengals did good in the draft and brought some good guys in to shore up the weak spots. Probably have the strongest receiving core in the league even without Housh. O-line is looking good (finally). D-line is looking good. Good at running back. D-backs looking good. Could be an interesting year:clap:. Ravens this is probably the last year before they have a couple of rebuilding years. Pittsburgh :censored:'s are defending champs. They may be short a QB this year but you still can't count them out. I'm not sure the Browns are quite done rebuilding but stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah the browns have as much of a chance as the lions ;)

I've never gotten into the no fun league. I don't watch baseball, nascar or pro basketball, so that leaves me with college football and basketball. I have been to a few Detroit basketball games but that is just because the tickets were free.

Wife knows from Sept till Nov she can't plan anything on Saturdays.[/quote]
same here, we always get together at noon and grill out, drink beer, watch the Dawgs ( or any other good game if the Dawgs arent playing), drink more beer. watch the night game and drink more beer

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I feel ya:thumbsup:

Micheal Irving did a show looking for a cowboy. Did you see that? It was ok.

I may be watching college ball only next year.

I made a promise that if Micheal Vick takes another snap I am done with the NFL. I intend to keep it. Might hurt but is what it is.
Wow....no NFL at all.....I don't know if I could do that.....even though I have an extreme dislike for Michael Vick and hope he just goes far far away. I coildn't sit around and watch bowling while my Patriots are headed for another Super Bowl win. :thumbup:
I am an old school football guy too. Played a bunch in my youth, coached a bunch for years and am a NFL ticket subscriber from year one.

I just feel enough is enough. It's bad enough that there are so many guys playing that abuse women. But Vick's behavior pushed me over the edge.

I feel that this is our game. We make it possible for these guys to live the privileged life. Without us there is no game. I am the owner, so to speak. And you guys are too. Removing myself from the scene is the only power I have.

I have written e-mails to the NFL and sports columnists stating my position. No responses but I keep putting it out there.

Let that guy back on the field and I'm gone. Simple

He would not get a second chance in any other industry. The post office wouldn't let him carry letters. Gm wouldn't let him on their line. Why should we let him back into our game?

I really didn't like that he was given a construction job. There had to be someone out there more worthy of that job too.

Sorry for the rant. I don't mean to pee in the punch. I love this game, I just want it cleaned up.

·
Master of the Underground
31 Posts
here in the south SEC football is more of a religion than a sport. I guess its just one more of our ******* ways.
theres nothing like spending a Fall Saturday in Athens, GA with 92,000 like minded people:thumbup:
I beg to differ. Come to NEBRASKA. By the way I am ready for college football. Dont watch NFL. Those whiners cry about making a couple million a year and thats not enough for them.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I am an old school football guy too. Played a bunch in my youth, coached a bunch for years and am a NFL ticket subscriber from year one.

I just feel enough is enough. It's bad enough that there are so many guys playing that abuse women. But Vick's behavior pushed me over the edge.

I feel that this is our game. We make it possible for these guys to live the privileged life. Without us there is no game. I am the owner, so to speak. And you guys are too. Removing myself from the scene is the only power I have.

I have written e-mails to the NFL and sports columnists stating my position. No responses but I keep putting it out there.

He would not get a second chance in any other industry. The post office wouldn't let him carry letters. Gm wouldn't let him on their line. Why should we let him back into our game?

I really didn't like that he was given a construction job. There had to be someone out there more worthy of that job too.

Sorry for the rant. I don't mean to pee in the punch. I love this game, I just want it cleaned up.
I liked the fact he had/or is working as a grunt on a construction crew. I think I read somewhere he is making $12 an hr. Just another dose of reality for him.
I dont have much agaisnt Vick. He was bankrolling/fighting dogs. Not a huge crime IMO. and yea I love dogs too. Do you feel the same about folks that fight chickens?
on the other hand I do have a problem with Stallworth. convicted of
DUI, vechicular manslaughter. He killed a human being even if it was an accident and the victim was walking in the middle of the road.
Stallworth got 25 days in jail for killing someone:furious:
Thats about the most BS sentence I've ever heard of. People say well the victims family was for the 25 day sentence. Maybe they were but how much money you think was tranferred to their bank acct before they agreed on 25 days. the judge that sentenced him ought to be disbarred
wonder if there'll be a big stink over Stallworth returning to the NFL, or did he even get suspended?

·
Grand Rapids Remodeling
3,115 Posts
Yeah the browns have as much of a chance as the lions ;)

I've never gotten into the no fun league. I don't watch baseball, nascar or pro basketball, so that leaves me with college football and basketball. I have been to a few Detroit basketball games but that is just because the tickets were free.

Wife knows from Sept till Nov she can't plan anything on Saturdays.
I remember going to the Cleveland home games with my father for 7.00 a ticket, freezing my hiney off on those metal benches. Every year I say the Browns are going to win the Superbowl, every year I yell at the TV set and pray for a miracle only to repeat the same thing next year, The Browns are going to the Super bowl, The Browns are going to the Superbowl, The Browns are going to the Superbowl.

·
Registered
318 Posts

Vick served his time and has paid a price for his actions concerning the dog fighting. How would you like it if you did something stupid, got in trouble, had your name all over the media, went to court, went to jail, and paid your fines. Then someone told you "Sorry pal, you can't work in the trades anymore even if you have paid the price society deemed appropriate."

People in other countries eat dogs. Would you tell them starve to death? I shoot and eat Bambi, so I guess I'm evil to. There are much worse things done to people by people every day. Get over it.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I liked the fact he had/or is working as a grunt on a construction crew. I think I read somewhere he is making $12 an hr. Just another dose of reality for him.
I dont have much agaisnt Vick. He was bankrolling/fighting dogs. Not a huge crime IMO. and yea I love dogs too. Do you feel the same about folks that fight chickens?
on the other hand I do have a problem with Stallworth. convicted of
DUI, vechicular manslaughter. He killed a human being even if it was an accident and the victim was walking in the middle of the road.
Stallworth got 25 days in jail for killing someone:furious:
Thats about the most BS sentence I've ever heard of. People say well the victims family was for the 25 day sentence. Maybe they were but how much money you think was tranferred to their bank acct before they agreed on 25 days. the judge that sentenced him ought to be disbarred
wonder if there'll be a big stink over Stallworth returning to the NFL, or did he even get suspended?
I agree with where you are coming from.
I don't think a convicted felon belongs in the NFL. If the commissioner stays true to his word and protects the shield of the NFL from all that tarnishes it, Stallworth will be gone too.

I think my out rage with Vick is that his crime was against a defenseless animal. Stallworth's crime is no better, and is worse in that a human lost their life. I have found myself drawing the line with Vick and I intend to stay true to my word.

Vick served his time and has paid a price for his actions concerning the dog fighting. How would you like it if you did something stupid, got in trouble, had your name all over the media, went to court, went to jail, and paid your fines. Then someone told you "Sorry pal, you can't work in the trades anymore even if you have paid the price society deemed appropriate."

People in other countries eat dogs. Would you tell them starve to death? I shoot and eat Bambi, so I guess I'm evil to. There are much worse things done to people by people every day. Get over it.
You have a popular opinion. I'm not going to argue with you about it nor am I going to " get over it".
I don't take issue with you about hunting nor your opinions about Vick. It's simply that my opinions and morals about this particular issue are different than yours. It's great to live in a free society.

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
I feel ya:thumbsup:

Micheal Irving did a show looking for a cowboy. Did you see that? It was ok.

I may be watching college ball only next year.

I made a promise that if Micheal Vick takes another snap I am done with the NFL. I intend to keep it. Might hurt but is what it is.

I am not a Dallas Cowboys fan but I did enjoy "4th and Long." I think Jessie Holly is a really good football player and deserved to be on the Cowboys roster for training camp. That's got to be a dream come true for him, for any football player willing to go through the physical abuse those guys went through. I wish him the best of luck and hope I see some of his highlights on opening day. You could say I'm a fan of his for sure.

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I am not a Dallas Cowboys fan but I did enjoy "4th and Long." I think Jessie Holly is a really good football player and deserved to be on the Cowboys roster for training camp. That's got to be a dream come true for him, for any football player willing to go through the physical abuse those guys went through. I wish him the best of luck and hope I see some of his highlights on opening day. You could say I'm a fan of his for sure.
Right on:thumbup:

There is so much good about this game and most all the people in it.:thumbsup:

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
Right on:thumbup:

There is so much good about this game and most all the people in it.:thumbsup:
I finally watched the season finale today on DVR so the show is still fresh in my mind. That is going to be one helluva stadium when it opens.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I beg to differ. Come to NEBRASKA. By the way I am ready for college football. Dont watch NFL. Those whiners cry about making a couple million a year and thats not enough for them.
Lincoln is the 2nd largest city in Nebraska on Saturday. SEC don't know what football is. BIG 12 RULES.

BOOMER SOONER

21 - 40 of 59 Posts