1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
kambrooks said:
Up until today I was a pretty satisfied customer. Thanks Skill
That's what I call a leading statement.

Clearly, your post begs the question:

Why are you no longer a satisfied customer?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ClaytonR said:
That's what I call a leading statement. Clearly, your post begs the question: Why are you no longer a satisfied customer?
As much as I would like to, I still want to give them a chance at a resolution, and be professional. Not going to bash them.

Had someone said "no, no HA rep here" maybe I'd have vented.

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
I applaud your professionalism. I cut my ties with them some months ago, and just wondered if it was for similar reasons.

Personally, my issue was that I was calling people the second I got the lead, and they would be pissed and tell me we hired someone yesterday and could all you idiots quit calling me.

That, and I found it to be an incredibly good source for locating tire kickers and time wasters, but not so great at finding me actual jobs.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
As much as I would like to, I still want to give them a chance at a resolution, and be professional. Not going to bash them.

Had someone said "no, no HA rep here" maybe I'd have vented.
Kam.... You are either too nice..... or a very good negotiator.... my bet is a very good negotiator....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:;););)

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,811 Posts
Lets hear it Kam. 3-4 yrs ago inquired into service magic & I stupidly gave them my phone number but never signed up for anything.

To this day they hammer me with sales calls despite me telling them I don't need them. The last time they left a message i called back in seconds and immediately got voicemail. I think I gave them a good rant since I haven't heard back from them yet.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Bad experience with Service Magic

I tried Service Magic for a few months and had similar problems.

I received about 30 to 40 leads and virtually every time I called a customer back they either never answered their phone, or they swore up and down they never requested a contractor on the internet.

I believed that Service Magic was seriously scamming contractors when I received five leads to repair furnaces.

All five leads came into my telephone at almost exactly 7 a.m. in the morning on 3 consecutive days.

All five leads swore up and down that they never requested a contractor from Service Magic.

My cost for each lead was about $49 = $245.

I contacted Service Magic and gave them the information on each lead.

The strange thing is they gave me credit for three of the leads, but they charged me for two of the leads that made it very clear that they did not request service from Service Magic.

I suppose Service Magic's theory is I am supposed to be happier to get ripped off for only $100 rather than $250.

Of the 30 or 40 leads that cost me about $1800 I sold one lousy job for $1200.

Service Magic sounds very professional when you speak with them, but I would never trust them and I would never use their service. My opinion is that more than 70% of the leads I received were 100% bogus.

Dealing with Service Magic is exactly the same as writing someone a blank check when you know the person is dishonest. They get to send you bogus leads and write whatever numbers they want on your check when the bill is due.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I had the same experience with Home Advisor(Service Magic).I would call the leads as soon as I got them and have pissed off people on the phone asking like they did not have a clue what I was talking about.Onr told me his son must have done it while he was at work.Another was out of state and would call in a few months.One was sick with the flu.Her and her husband at the same time.Would call me later.Most acted like they just didn't know what the hell I was talking about.After paying for 20 leads and not eveb meeting a HO I cancelled.When I google my website it still comes up to their link and their phone number.Guess I'll have to talk to them one last time.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Service magic, home advisor, federal pacific, yelp, angies' list, need I say more????????????.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts