Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Punching above his weight
10,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting on two checks.

What are the chances either of them arrive if I sit here and wait for the mailman?

·
Registered
Custom
13,230 Posts
Waiting on two checks.

What are the chances either of them arrive if I sit here and wait for the mailman?
A lot less than if you go out an make something happen... money can sometimes be like a woman... pretend you don't need it, then it makes itself known... :whistling: :laughing:

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
It doesn't affect the probability of arrival one bit......the staring just drives you insane.

Doing further research now. The clothes dryer needs to get my camo dry...quick. I just stared for a bit, then gave it the stink eye.......nothin'.

Go fix that loose bolt on your toilet seat. You know you should have done it 3 months ago anyway.

·
10,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solid idea.

I've been waiting to go to the lumber yard to order a window until I can stack it up with my 4:30 appointment. I have a really good parking space and I don't want to risk losing it by going anywhere. hah

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
Jersey City...the parking space. That adds a whole nother level of restriction.

You are inextricably tied to your mailbox now. Good luck.

I used to leave our shop in Hoboken (Monroe st. studios) and find a spot in Brooklyn before my boss could get one. 6 blocks away from the shop.

·
10,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Every time I think to myself, "I'm too tired to walk, I'll just drive and park in Hoboken" I have to remind myself that every time I do this, I end up turning around 30 minutes later, then walking there anyway, only this time late and furious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts