Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Decorative Concrete
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to expose my product a little more here in Florida so i'm thinking to do the upcoming Home Show in Orlando in march;now this is a show that has considerable size,usually it's visited by about 30k people in 3 days.
Knowing this it will be a substatial investment because of what involves(time and money,about 7k)

My company is only 1 yr old and we are doing ok but suffering the pains of a new company,wich means I get by moneywise for now.

So my questions are : It will be wise to invest in this show?Is it good for lead generation?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I think they are worthwhile, I used to do setups at a home show for a company that did them every year, it seemed to pay off for them. And I've heard of a guy that does a setup every year at the home show and it gives him enough work to last the entire year, so that's all he does. I've thought about doing it, but I don't want to do it if it will put me into debt, I'd only do it if I had the cash.

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,588 Posts
We've done a couple of shows over the years. We find that the architect, designer and decorator do well - we don't do as well. It is a huge time investment and you should have some specific marketing collateral done for the show.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I need to expose my product a little more here in Florida so i'm thinking to do the upcoming Home Show in Orlando in march;now this is a show that has considerable size,usually it's visited by about 30k people in 3 days.
Knowing this it will be a substatial investment because of what involves(time and money,about 7k)

My company is only 1 yr old and we are doing ok but suffering the pains of a new company,wich means I get by moneywise for now.

So my questions are : It will be wise to invest in this show?Is it good for lead generation?
Hey Daniel, I see you over at the concrete locator board also. I've done the Indiana. Flower and Patio for 7 years now. We are talking 9 eleven hour days of pure hell. Well over 100,000 walk through there and it seems I talk to 3/4 of them. Sometimes 3 or 4 times.....

We are both in a specialty trade. If you go for it, make it shine! I do the show now to hand out leads to my local installers. I'll make my end off selling materials. It also promotes my installation and distributor company name and product.

There are maybe 4-6 competitors there and I blow them away with my booth. In fact I have had several of them switch to my products. So, I am also selling to them.

If you make it shine and show something different that no one else will have, you will be raking the prospects in. Not to put anybody else down here but how many siding, garage, fencing, window companies do you see at these shows. The one's that really stand out offer something different. We already have the product to that. All you have to do is present it properly. Go on the concrete locator forum and search Home shows, I show several of my booths there. gene ec-Indy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very good advice about standing out at the trade shows.
there really can be an over whelming number of people to talk too...I've never found it to be hell but it definitely has it's moments!!

If I could I would also suggest reading Chet Homes "The Ultimate Sales Machine" there is a section in the book the talks specifically about doing shows...I was able to use a few tips that he talked about at a show we did a while back.

·
Registered
967 Posts
We've done a couple of shows over the years. We find that the architect, designer and decorator do well - we don't do as well. It is a huge time investment and you should have some specific marketing collateral done for the show.
I have done home shows in the past the hardest thing to do is following up on all the leads you get, if you are unable or don't do this its not worth it.
I have found that attending and networking with the vendors that you can bring you work i.e. the architects and designers is invaluable

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts

Look for smaller community based events/shows/fairs they are:

Much cheaper!

If you target the right ones you can be in front of people who might have the resources to buy your goods & services.

You will not be one of the 20-30-50 other companies selling the same type of product/service.

·
www.magicpoolservices.com
831 Posts

We are planning to attend this SAME SHOW.
Maybe we can stop by and tell you how it is :clap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts