Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
13 Licenses & Counting
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey irrigation guys,

I've been fiddling with the thought of entering the residential irrigation market, but our background is entirely in pumps/wells/treatment systems. Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent training/tutorials/design guides? I noticed RainBird had a lot of stuff on their site, but not geared to the installer.

Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Do you buy any products from HD Fowler?

Talk to them as they are probably the largest distributer of irrigation products in the NW. And if I remember right, Rain Bird will be having classes for a week in Seattle next month with different classes on each day. HD Fowler deals in Toro, Rainbird, LR Nelson, WeatherMatic, Hunter, Irritol, and more. Toro has classes and has web based training, just not sure how you get signed up for the web training, but HD Fowler should know.

Also there is a HD Fowler in Marysville, I think this would be the closest to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try looking at Irrigation Association on the internet. They have classes that they conduct around the country. Best of luck to you.:thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check this out. I would say this is probably one of the best most comprehensive tutorials out there. I would leary of accepting advice from irrigation reps that never have to stand behind their work and may not have real world experience. It won't let me post a url so....

irrigationtutorials-dot-com/install-dot-htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts