Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought an iPod to take advantage of the iPhone's capabilities without the cell phone plan? I've heard the next Ipod Touch will be coming with a camera capable of video recording along with a mic so those who are constantly around wifi could possibly use it as a phone using Skype. Some cities now are installing city-wide wifi.

Instead of just being a toy, I see it having potential in becoming a business tool as well. Might be able to become a nice mini computer in the shop, edit excel docs and plugin variables into formulas to find different metrics for a radius or triangle for example.

·
Tech Geek
2,654 Posts
I use mine all the time. I check my e-mail, schedule, weather reports, texting, even check in on here once in a while. I live in Pa. but I've been working in NY so I picked up an app to listen to my local radio stations there. I would love to get the i-phone just so I wouldn't have to carry around 2 devices but att sux.

Now that they're coming out with the ipod with a camera, it's definitely time for an upgrade.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use mine all the time. I check my e-mail, schedule, weather reports, texting, even check in on here once in a while. I live in Pa. but I've been working in NY so I picked up an app to listen to my local radio stations there. I would love to get the i-phone just so I wouldn't have to carry around 2 devices but att sux.

Now that they're coming out with the ipod with a camera, it's definitely time for an upgrade.
Can I ask where you're using your device most of the time? Is it around your company/home/work wifi hotspot or out in public like at a cafe?

·
Tech Geek
2,654 Posts
I'm working on a large home and they have wireless access everywhere (even down at the stable). I'm still trying to figure out a way to bluetooth my phone and Ipod together (that would be the best of both worlds). I just wish they could work a deal like the "kindle" and have wireless everywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.