Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
I just spent $40 on apps... :shutup:.

After I duck the wife when she sees the bill, This'll be my next $20 purchase :clap:. I can shelve my old calculator.

Oh, and thanks to those who recommended Pandora Radio... Awesome app.

Lovin' the Iphone...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any information as to how this compares to the Carpenter Helper's Pro calculator for $10? I do like the format of the Buildcalc since it's what I'm used to though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just spent $40 on apps... :shutup:.

After I duck the wife when she sees the bill, This'll be my next $20 purchase :clap:. I can shelve my old calculator.

Lovin' the Iphone...
Here is another iphone app I got the other day that save me time and the more costly car werck.. Dragon dictation, it allows you to just speak into your iphone and it texts it for you. No more typing and driving, or typing and everything else we do these days. Enjoy it's free

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
BTW Kent, I was hooked on Pandora until they started asking for money. We could probably exchange stations-we have the exact same taste in music according to your posts.

They only asked for a dollar, but I can see where that might go.

I turned it off, what did you do?

·
Registered
440 Posts
not to hijack but does anyone use podcasts? If so what all do they have?

·
Banned
306 Posts
I dont know one person with a iphone who pays for apps. They all hack their phones.
I get chuckle out of people who bulk at paying .99 - $1.99 for an app. When I bought the phone I was amazed on how cheap they are selling them for.

When I read in the app reviews "I want my .99 back, it ought to be free" or "I would never pay $1.99 for an app" I just wonder if that person may someday call me looking to have work done. :huh:

Some thought goes into the apps, and I have no problem paying for any of them. They could charge 10x the price, and I'd probably still buy most of the ones I currently have.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I get chuckle out of people who bulk at paying .99 - $1.99 for an app. When I bought the phone I was amazed on how cheap they are selling them for.

When I read in the app reviews "I want my .99 back, it ought to be free" or "I would never pay $1.99 for an app" I just wonder if that person may someday call me looking to have work done. :huh:

Some thought goes into the apps, and I have no problem paying for any of them. They could charge 10x the price, and I'd probably still buy most of the ones I currently have.

Andrioid apps are mostly free. Far more % of free ones than Apple has. But thats just Apple all over.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Depends on what you listen to. If there is a show you like, go to the search and see if they have podcasts.
like a tv or radio show or what?

Also I have no problem paying for apps someone put the time in behind the keyboard and they deserve to be rewarded

·
Motorboatin' son of a ...
1,104 Posts
like a tv or radio show or what?

Also I have no problem paying for apps someone put the time in behind the keyboard and they deserve to be rewarded
Go to iTunes and search for podcasts to see what there is. They're like a saved radio show that you can listen to whenever you want. Everything from news and politics to technology, comedy, and music.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts