Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my iphone 4 needs an update,

Problem is I don't have enough memory, I asked the phone guy he said upload my pics to iCloud that didn't work so I got rid of apps and that didn't work either and now I can't get them back.

So do I just wipe my phone clean of everything now?

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
This can be a pig to do. It took me about 3 hrs to figure out how to update mine with same issue.

If I remember correctly i already had iCloud on but deleting photos didn't clear them when deleting them through the PC. I had to copy the photos from the iCloud folder on the PC to another folder so I wouldn't loose them. Then I had to delete every photo off the phone 1 by 1 from the canera folder and iCloud folder. That way it clears them completely from iCloud and the phone but you still have your photos on the PC in another folder. Then you will have space.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
BCConstruction said:
iCloud's a bit of a clumpy system in that respect. It stores them in a cloud but don't make it easy to edit the files through the PC or Mac
See now your spreading false rumors, iCloud on a Mac works seamlessly, all Apple products work seamlessly together.

Not once have I had an issue with compatibility on any Apple product working with another Apple product.

What happens on a PC, I have no idea.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Chris Johnson said:
See now your spreading false rumors, iCloud on a Mac works seamlessly, all Apple products work seamlessly together. Not once have I had an issue with compatibility on any Apple product working with another Apple product. What happens on a PC, I have no idea.
I have iCloud on the PC. Its Apples software not Microsoft's. Like I said its a clumpy piece of software just like iTunes is. Your meant to be able to edit the pictures in the stream on both the PC and Mac and upto yet I have never been able to through the control panel for Windows or iPhoto on Mac's. Hence the reason for it "don't just work" Dropbox works 10x better than iCloud for backing up pictures from the iPhone. I just can't shut iCloud down as it keeps turning its self back on. Currently my wife's iPhone receives all the texts that goto my phone and calls as well and I guess its something to do with that as that's part of the iCloud system too. Typical Apple piss poor software though. It took me 2 days last week to put. 350 movies onto the iPad through iTunes. It took me 30mins with the surface pro.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Because they have certain areas they work great. Airplay is my main reason for owning them. I'm too invested into their system to jump ship. I would love to have the Samsung galaxy s5 as it makes the iPhone look like a toy. It just don't play well with airplay though. Plus when you jailbreak apple devices they can almost do what a android device does out the box. Not everything but enough to keep me in their system.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
I would say the amount of hacking and jail breaking you do is the cause of your issues with Apple products. If you use them as Apple tells you to they work without issue.

You are trying to make it do something it's not designed to do, you are creating your own problems.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Chris Johnson said:
I would say the amount of hacking and jail breaking you do is the cause of your issues with Apple products. If you use them as Apple tells you to they work without issue. You are trying to make it do something it's not designed to do, you are creating your own problems.
Agreed. Never had a single issue with my iphone 5. Had it for a year and a half now. It's not jail broken though.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Chris Johnson said:
I would say the amount of hacking and jail breaking you do is the cause of your issues with Apple products. If you use them as Apple tells you to they work without issue. You are trying to make it do something it's not designed to do, you are creating your own problems.
Only someone who has no idea about electronics would say such a thing. Jail breaking does not make a device unstable.

First off the problems are with my wife's un jailbroken phone. Her device keeps activating the settings in iCloud that allow her phone to receive my texts and calls. Her phone will not update to the latest firmware so there's nothing I can do. If she was jailbroken I would have been able to drop down a firmware or two and get back to a stable build to update from.

The main issue I have with my phone is having to charge it at least 3x a day. But this is a very common problem that affects about 40% of iphone 5's. Google search this issue your self if you don't think its real.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
I charge my phone 2-3x a day too, I use it probably 4-6 hours during work hours plus various amounts in the evenings and apps are running so that kills batteries.

I know enough about electronics that if T&G he manufacturer recommends I leave it as is I do, I don't try and make it do things outside what they tell me to do.

Your wife's phone is probably reviewing your text messages because your Apple ID is logged in on the phone. Warranty and AppleCare are worth their weight in gold

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Chris Johnson said:
And yes jail breaking a phone does make it unstable...google it
I have been jail breaking and hacking devices long before you even heard about it. It has never once made my device unstable or bricked. the only people who say this are people who have no idea what they are talking about. Goto I clarified and check for your self. but seeings your such an expert explain to me why a jailbroken device is more unstable than a stock device.

I also make less than about 20mins worth off calls a day and I have to charge my battery 3x. But if you say your on your phone that much a day then good for you. Some of us have to work lol

1 - 20 of 263 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.