Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a client that wants a lattice screen built that will compliment their new IPE we will be building for them and wanted to reach out to you more seasoned IPE guys and get your thoughts on this.

What I have in mind is 4 panels 48" wide x 80" tall of 1x2 IPE lattice 3" o.c., both vertically and horizontally, fabricated in a 90 degree orientation.

My concern is how to fasten the individual 1x2s to each other that would be both quick to build and will not allow the 1x2's to warp in the future....

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
1 Posts
162" wide 1x2 ipe lattice

This is a perfect thread for you IPE seasoned vets to collect your thoughts about this:

I have a client who would like to have horizontal Ipe Lattice fastened from the back through stainless steel strongback. The ipe screen is 162" wide and 38" tall of 1x2 lattice 3" O.C. horizontally only. They are to be fabricated in 90 degree orientation with eased around. There are 4 vertical strong back in place to hold these lattice members.

My concern is the width of 1" ipe lattice member being fastened to the back of the four SS vertical strong-back. Would 162" 1x2 ipe lattice be too long to warp in the future at all?

Update: I've included an image of the drawing for a better visual reference.
[/URL]

Your input would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Gabe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts