Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,
Im going to get an iPad soon, one with the pencil. I’m currently using a pleather portfolio with letter size note pads. When Im having a discussion with a client about a possible project. I’ll be sketching and writing notes and measurements like crazy. Its common for me to end up with 8 pages just flopping around in the breeze. So Im looking for a iPad app that I can free draw and scribble notes in and then save that mess as a pdf or something to view on my laptop latter when Im working up a bid. I use illustrator on my mac book pro so that would probably have the lowest learning curve for me…

any input?
Chris

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,797 Posts
Howdy all,
Im going to get an iPad soon, one with the pencil. I’m currently using a pleather portfolio with letter size note pads. When Im having a discussion with a client about a possible project. I’ll be sketching and writing notes and measurements like crazy. Its common for me to end up with 8 pages just flopping around in the breeze. So Im looking for a iPad app that I can free draw and scribble notes in and then save that mess as a pdf or something to view on my laptop latter when Im working up a bid. I use illustrator on my mac book pro so that would probably have the lowest learning curve for me…

any input?
Chris
I used to use the builtin notes app, never liked it - basically impossible to organize.

Now I use Agenda but not with a pencil.

There's another note taking app that I tried over a year ago, you could use pencil and you would save "notebooks", could have many pages all neatly together, just like a regular notebook. The only reason I didn't use it much is because, at the time (and maybe still), you couldn't save the notebooks wherever you wanted in the file system. They stayed in the app's database. So it didn't fit my workflow.

My ipad is stone cold dead, just plugged it in and can't turn it on. I will circle back in a day or so, hopefully with the app name.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GoodNotes
Just started using it

That looks really promising!! Thanks. Do you find the search function for text works pretty good? Like if I write Thompson and later search for that name does it find it?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,797 Posts
I keep it simple and use the notes on my ipad. New note for every quote that starts with the name and address.
I add sketches and pictures directly into the note as I go.
I also use Arc Site for drawing plans on the iPad. I can make a simple basement plan to scale in about 5-10 mins now.
I think I mentioned Arcsite on here a while back. I like it, hardly use it anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts