Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Design Build
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgraded. No problem on my iPhone 5. Diff story on my iPad 2. Now none of the iWork's apps will run. Pages, Numbers and Keynote all crash upon execution.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Upgraded. No problem on my iPhone 5. Diff story on my iPad 2. Now none of the iWork's apps will run. Pages, Numbers and Keynote all crash upon execution.
Wife has another issue on her phone now. People names ain't showing when someone calls and only shows the number! She don't get many calls but it sure is annoying her lol

What's even funnier is when I searched for a fix to this online the amount of issues are mind boggling. I dint know how a closed system with a limited amount of devices can have so many issues with a update.

Check the ones out on this site alone. They have a few fixes for some of them but check the comments out.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/tech...omplaints-about-ios-7-and-how-fix-them/69613/

·
General Contractor
8,049 Posts
Before you know it, there will be another few updates to get all this glitches out.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Quite a few apps are experiencing some issues with iOs7 and the app developers have some work to do to iron them out. Some of my automation apps have a few known glitches and I've encouraged clients to postpone the update a month if all possible.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
For once I had to do some work and had a social commitment and you guys go and get a thread locked.

I owe BC a response to the computer price issue, this is from Dells web site;

http://www.dell.com/us/p/desktops?~ck=mn#!all-in-one-desktops

It is what I could find comparable to an iMac. With 16 gigs of RAM the Dell is actually more than the iMac. The split drive that is shown on the Dell site Apple calls a Fusion drive, which is cheeper than an SS drive in the iMac. From what I have read, a split drive may not be the best way to go, so I went SS drive.

TNT,

Google did not start/create/develop Sketch Up. They purchased it and have since sold it to Trimble.

After seeing this last night, I have to concede any point I can make. You guys win. I have to agree, people are just f'en stupid (about 9:15 in, you'll have to watch a few ads.);

http://watchabc.go.com/jimmy-kimmel-live/SH559060/VDKA0_l66hfllq/jimmy-kimmel-live-920

California Decks;

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swype-type/id598872747?mt=8

Not a single issue with iOS7 since I upgraded my 4S. I know others have problems with iOS7, I wonder what the percentage is of all down loads. How many are just issues with something unfamiliar?

Tom

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
tjbnwi said:
For once I had to do some work and had a social commitment and you guys go and get a thread locked.

I owe BC a response to the computer price issue, this is from Dells web site;

http://www.dell.com/us/p/desktops?~ck=mn#!all-in-one-desktops

It is what I could find comparable to an iMac. With 16 gigs of RAM the Dell is actually more than the iMac. The split drive that is shown on the Dell site Apple calls a Fusion drive, which is cheeper than an SS drive in the iMac. From what I have read, a split drive may not be the best way to go, so I went SS drive.

TNT,

Google did not start/create/develop Sketch Up. They purchased it and have since sold it to Trimble.

After seeing this last night, I have to concede any point I can make. You guys win. I have to agree, people are just f'en stupid (about 9:15 in, you'll have to watch a few ads.);

http://watchabc.go.com/jimmy-kimmel-live/SH559060/VDKA0_l66hfllq/jimmy-kimmel-live-920

California Decks;

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swype-type/id598872747?mt=8

Not a single issue with iOS7 since I upgraded my 4S. I know others have problems with iOS7, I wonder what the percentage is of all down loads. How many are just issues with something unfamiliar?

Tom
Hybrid drives are fine if you want a combination of storage capacity and access speed. I'm not a fan of them. My mate has the 750gb fusion drive in his new iMac he just bought.

I run the Samsung 256gb 840pro. The currently the fastest SSD available and it sure is fast. I still have 12TB of storage in standard drives though as its cheap.

You will have to show a screen shot of what your spec is on each system and the price as I'm finding the complete opposite to what you are. I'm sitting here now and still can't build a like for like system that's even anywhere near close to what your seeing. Perhaps there's a glitch in your build and price and its showing you the wrong price for the dell. I'm finding them all about half as much on avg for same spec.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Just click on the link I provided. The grid shows the Dell units top row center and right. You don't have to build one they're stock Dell units.

Tom

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Does for me, try this.

They list the parts/internals here and on the iMac page;

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-27-2720-aio/pd?oc=fdcwlt17b&model_id=xps-27-2720-aio

Have to go wash my truck, be back in an hour or two.

Tom

That links not sending me the right place either. Its sending me to touch systems.

I have just gone through almost every system Dell makes and cant get it anywhere near the price of the iMac. I even tried Alienware to see if their over priced systems could even get close and they are still vastly cheaper.

Just grab some screen shots of the prices your seeings.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Okay , I have to go out this evening I will get that to you tomorrow

I also just discovered on the CT forum app, it accepts voice to text inputs from iOS7. That's how I'm responding to this post. Never tried it before so I don't know if it worked with iOS 6 and I don't know if it works on any other platform

Tom

·
Registered
720 Posts
iOS 7 is glitch free on the iphone 5 for me. I am holding off on the ipad2 update though. Worried that might be pushing it for an ipad2 at this point.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
49,935 Posts
I can't seem to get the IOS 7 to work properly on my Android :w00t:

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Glitch free here as well. I like it a lot but I can't understand how in the world BC let his wife have an Apple product under his roof. Crazy!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Updated my I4 to ios 7 and when the phone went into sleep mode it woke up and asked for a password.
I never remember putting in a password so I figure it will be the last 4 digits of my number. Nope. After 5-6 Times of trying the phone goes into lock down to were you can only dial emergency 911.
There is supposedly a fix if I had a computer with itunes on it.
Tech support said since I didn't back up the phone on icloud before hand all my pics and contacts may be lost.
I was so mad the phone was almost subjected to the wrath of a hammer.
Seeing that I can get a new phone from Verizon I'm going to do just that and when I get home from vacation mess with the other phone then.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Updated my I4 to ios 7 and when the phone went into sleep mode it woke up and asked for a password.
I never remember putting in a password so I figure it will be the last 4 digits of my number. Nope. After 5-6 Times of trying the phone goes into lock down to were you can only dial emergency 911.
There is supposedly a fix if I had a computer with itunes on it.
Tech support said since I didn't back up the phone on icloud before hand all my pics and contacts may be lost.
I was so mad the phone was almost subjected to the wrath of a hammer.
Seeing that I can get a new phone from Verizon I'm going to do just that and when I get home from vacation mess with the other phone then.
They should all be backed up on the cloud as long as you had it turned on.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
I received the notification on updating to iOS 7 on my ipad II but have been holding of in fear of some glitches. So most of these problems are with the phones and NOT ipad...?:blink:

B,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts