Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,664 Posts
240.81 is about the only thing you need to worry about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
240.81 is about the only thing you need to worry about.

Thanks Sparky ... looks like inverted placement doesn't matter if the CBs are in the horizontal position, and the ones in this GE panel are horizontally positioned.

I also just looked inside the panel itself, and a spec sticker says "if bottom feed service is required, rotate entire device 180 deg.". With 240.81 and this label, I've got some ammunition if the inspector gives me any heck about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you cut the feeder to short???
No, bottom feed allowed me to come straight out of the meter base and into the panel, without any L's ... and in doing so the panel is at exactly the right height on the inside. Just convenience, more than anything. I still had to stub the wall out, but if I would have done a top feed, I'd had to stub the wall out a whole lot more to accomodate two L's between the panel and the meter base.

·
ampman
783 Posts
No, bottom feed allowed me to come straight out of the meter base and into the panel, without any L's ... and in doing so the panel is at exactly the right height on the inside. Just convenience, more than anything. I still had to stub the wall out, but if I would have done a top feed, I'd had to stub the wall out a whole lot more to accomodate two L's between the panel and the meter base.
short feeders have been known to happen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts