Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
WICKED WOODCHUCKER
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered this for my cell so i can take credit cards
Does anyone have and use this?
Any advice? does it work as good as it looks to on tv?

·
Tiling & Bath Contractor
270 Posts
I received mine a few days ago but haven't used it yet. I plugged it in to my iphone after i downloaded the app. I might do a test charge with my own credit card to see it work.

The only small issue for me is that i keep my iphone in a rugged case and the reader doesn't make a totally secure connection. So i will just buy a headphone extender plug so i don't have to take my phone out of its case to use the cc reader.

·
Registered
243 Posts
hmm... odd I have not seen that one yet..... All my guys use Square. www.squareup.com We love it. I even ordered a small tablet for our office to replace our desktop card reader. Either way the ability to take credit cards on the phones, and at a rate cheaper than the full machine, is great.

·
Da Boss....
474 Posts
hmm... odd I have not seen that one yet..... All my guys use Square. www.squareup.com We love it. I even ordered a small tablet for our office to replace our desktop card reader. Either way the ability to take credit cards on the phones, and at a rate cheaper than the full machine, is great.
I'm also using square and love it. Been using it for a year now and its just so easy to use. Get my money the next business day. :thumbsup:

·
Interior Renovations
253 Posts
I have been using Square for a while now and it was fine for smaller transactions. i just had an issue with them and they have ZERO customer service. I am so put off by them I would never recommend them to anyone. Ever. I am going to check out Intuit.

·
WICKED WOODCHUCKER
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My hasnt arrived yet, probley next week. I am very excited about it. Im just wondering about the fees. I believe it was 2.7% not too bad I guess. Ive only been asked a few times if I take credit cards but after I recieve this I suppose I could advertise that I do, maybe drum up some more jobs.

I ordered it as a spur of the moment thing. 2am, commercial on t.v, you know the rest!

When i signed up i got a limit on credit, Think it said 5k. Does that mean im only allowed to accept 5k at a time? not really sure what thats about. Im also wondering best way to get money, is it on a monthly payout thing or does it deposit quickly. Im pretty old school when it comes to technolgy.

Figure once it gets here ill get it up and working and look into all these questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Utilizing mobile pay has helped my business' output tremendously. However, the companies listed above (such as intuit and square, amongst others) are over priced and act only as middle men. I have been using Rectangle ware-ever pay for some time now and the results have truly been incredible. Unlike any of its competitors Rectangle guarantees that you will receive next day payment regardless of circumstance. Their rates are also significantly lower because it is a direct processor, as opposed to the other companies that merely pass on transactions to an external processor forcing them to drive up rates in order to make a profit. I highly recommend this company as it has done wonders for my business, and urge you all to check out the direct comparisons on the website, (link removed). The number is 1(866)926-8723. Let me know if anyone has questions.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
When i signed up i got a limit on credit, Think it said 5k. Does that mean im only allowed to accept 5k at a time? not really sure what thats about. Im also wondering best way to get money, is it on a monthly payout thing or does it deposit quickly. Im pretty old school when it comes to technolgy.

Figure once it gets here ill get it up and working and look into all these questions.
The 5K is your monthly allowance. You can ask for more later.

It will take about 3 days for you to get your funds or at least that what it takes for me.I don't have the thing for my phone (no smart phone) so I run it all on the CP.

There will be a monthly fee. I think it is $12 a month.

Overall it's alright. Haven't had a problem yet so don't know about customer service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts