Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mike
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used Intuit Go Payment, or any other card reader with no contract? Does the credit card companies charge on top of the 2.75% or is that all you pay?

·
Super Moderator
11,925 Posts
Has anybody used Intuit Go Payment, or any other card reader with no contract? Does the credit card companies charge on top of the 2.75% or is that all you pay?
Anything I have ever done with Intuit involves some type of catch later on.

Check out this provider. I just switched a couple months ago and am loving it!

https://squareup.com/

No fees, pay as you play, free reader from a smart phone.

I was paying $80 bucks a month between the processor and the lease fee for the equipment. Free at last!

·
Registered
435 Posts
We use Square alot as well.

Their website spells it out pretty clearly. The only drawback is if you do alot of phone transactions with Keyed in entry you will have to establish a history. They way they work is more than 2K in 7 days and they hold the remainder for thirty days. This only applies to keyed not swipes. After a few months of history with them you can ask for an extension. We have 10K in keyed in transactions in a week.

Otherwise they deposit into your account next day, never had a problem tho. All good

·
PRO
1,936 Posts
Go with square or paypal. The only problem I have with square is that occasionally I can't get to a customer on their schedule to swipe the card and just punch it in. Square sets a limit as to how much of this you can do within a certain time frame and I exceeded it recently, now we've got to wait 30 more days to collect because it's being held by square. Not a huge deal but just something else to keep track of.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Go with square or paypal. The only problem I have with square is that occasionally I can't get to a customer on their schedule to swipe the card and just punch it in. Square sets a limit as to how much of this you can do within a certain time frame and I exceeded it recently, now we've got to wait 30 more days to collect because it's being held by square. Not a huge deal but just something else to keep track of.
As I mentioned I had the same issue with square, however you can request a limit increase.

https://form.squareup.com/form/51cddc05097

They review your history and if you have charge backs/refunds and can extend your keyed entry limit

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,802 Posts
I use Intuit Payment Network and its FANTASTIC. WAY better than PayPal. It costs 50 cents for any transaction (free for payee) and nothing else. I've had $20k in one transaction and still only cost me 50 cents. No monthly fees either.

The beauty is that quickbooks puts a link at the bottom of the invoice (email) that links directly to that customers bill. It's really simple and convenient. Usually in my account in a day or two. :thumbsup:

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I use Intuit Payment Network and its FANTASTIC. WAY better than PayPal. It costs 50 cents for any transaction (free for payee) and nothing else. I've had $20k in one transaction and still only cost me 50 cents. No monthly fees either.

The beauty is that quickbooks puts a link at the bottom of the invoice (email) that links directly to that customers bill. It's really simple and convenient. Usually in my account in a day or two. :thumbsup:
For credit cards or just transfers?

I am with Intuit and am finding out like rselectric1 mentioned they keep on adding fees. They say they don't but they just keep coming. Only been with them for about 4 months now so I am going to stick it out a little longer but if it is going to be fee after fee then I'll go elsewhere.

·
Registered
943 Posts
BrandConst said:
I have been using square for almost a year now. The fees are low which is good but god forbid you need customer service.... Painfully slow, I believe email/messaging only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts