Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Painters,

I'm curious as to the information you give to the prospective customers upon meeting them for the first time.

During my initial measure call I normally leave a two pocket folder with my business card, copy of my licenses and insurance certificate. I also include a spec data sheet on the Sherwin Williams products I plan to use.

I'm sure alot of you do the same and wondering what else I could leave to differentiate myself from the other contractors.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Rohland
Ranger Painting & Pressure Cleaning, Inc.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Tom Rohland said:
I'm sure alot of you do the same and wondering what else I could leave to differentiate myself from the other contractors.
What you don't just leave your price on the back of a business card in the mail box?

Trust me... you are already differentiated!

How about photos of completed work? How about a presentation cd/dvd? How about refrencs, both phone and drive by?

My favorite is a one page brochure that says very large at the top "Why should you choose Grumpy's Company?" Then lists several reasons.

I'm not a painter but I belive this holds true for all contractors.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I'm actually in the process of creating a 6 page brochure - 5x7 in size.. that gives the basics of what my company is all about. Pretty simple layout but easy to look at. Here's a downsized version of the front cover.

Attachments

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
I have the grumpy page too that gives 8 reasons why I am a remodeling God, the insurance and license. Also leave a sheet with references and testimonials and another one with the picture of my website's front page, a copy of the warranty they will be getting and a copy of the survey they will be getting.

·
Banned
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Painters,

Thanks for your responses.

Just recently added written testimonials and phone numbers of satisfied customers. By the way, they are all satisfied!

I've also included a copy of a full page advertisement that I run in a local community paper.

Name Brand Recognition!

I am now researching logo ideas.

Any suggestions?

Tom Rohland, Jr.
Ranger Painting and Pressure Cleaning, Inc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts