Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 6 months of hard work it's finally done. Today we are launching the new version of ContractorTalk.com. :thumbsup:

So what's changed?
You will notice a few changes right off the bat. First, we changed the colors and navigation on the site.

* Slight Color Changes
* Less Distance between the top of the page to the first post

* New Navigation Bar

So, besides a slight design change in the forum area the forums are basically unchanged.

So what's new?
Now for the fun part! We have added a bunch of new features to the site that will hopefully help you and your business.

* New Articles System
We had an articles system in the past but it was really limiting and really held us back. This new articles system is powerful enough to hold 100s of thousands of articles and will become a major focus for us in the coming months.

* New Contractor Directory
This is the feature I'm the most excited about. Every month we get TONS of visitors to this site and many of them are homeowners who found the site in a search engine. We want to give you guys a chance to get leads from these homeowners so we created this directory so you can list your businesses. Each showcase listing includes a logo, contact info, web address, descriptions, and a photo gallery. It's a sweet system that took us months to build. Best of all is it's TOTALLY FREE for professional contractors... just like everything we do! :thumbsup:
You can sign up for free here: http://www.contractortalk.com/directory/order_contractor.php?level=70
This is a different login from your forum account so please sign up and follow all the instruction.

* New Products and Services Directory
ContractorTalk.com is one of the most visited websites in the construction and remodeling industry. Seriously! That makes this one of the best places to list your company so Professional Contractors can find your businesses when they need help.
You can now create a detailed listing of your business for contractors to find and do it for as little as $25/year. We even have a free basic listing.
You can get started here: http://www.contractortalk.com/directory/signup_listing.php

* New Classifieds System
Contractors can now buy and sell used tools and equipment on our new classifieds system. Once again this service is free for professional contractors as well. (No Retailers Please).

* New Events Calendar
Over the past year I've been frustrated trying to find trade shows in the country. In response to this we created an events calendar so you can find trade shows and home shows. You can search by area, date, or category. Best part it is free for everyone. Even large expo companies and associations can list relevant trade shows here for free.

* New Resources Section
I'll briefly mention this although a lot of changes are coming. Over the next year we want to build a huge resource for professional contractors. If you have a resource that you would like to submit please let us know.

So what's next?
In the coming months you will see more resources added to contractortalk.com and even a new homepage that will attempt to aggregate all the information and articles we are building together for easy navigation. More to come :party:

So, what do you think? I think I'm tired...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Great job !! I am impressed Nathan.
The information available here keeps getting better .

All your hard work is greatly appreciated .:thumbup:

·
Baltimore Electrician
1,249 Posts
Great job !! I am impressed Nathan.
The information available here keeps getting better .

All your hard work is greatly appreciated .:thumbup:
What DesPro said. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for your hard work and visions Nathan - this is one of the finest forums I've been a part of :) Keep up the fantastic progress!

Celeste

·
Captain of the Titanic
708 Posts
I'm new here Nathan, but i think you've done a great service to all.

·
It's all about the Avatar
1,814 Posts
Cool blue.

I like new things...do all commenting on this new format get one of those shinny new yellow dewalt drills...:laughing:

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice! Did you write the app for this?
No way... I do not have the skills for that. I'm technical enough to keep the site going and to make changes here and there, but could never write that code. Let's just say that my wallet is a lot lighter than it was 6 months ago :cry: ;)

Any chance of getting Canada added to your list of countries? :)
Good point... I should have mentioned that.

Canada will be added within the next few weeks. It took me a while to track down that zip code database and now we need to get it added in.

Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good Job! How about . . .

Nathan,

It looks good and great additions.

I have a large database of heavy equipment for sale that is automatically updated daily. I'm almost done adding a couple other vendors.

Many of the equipment records have city and state location but no zipcode. Most of the equipment has serial numbers.

You seem to be pretty good at building a community. Perhaps you could extend that community to include "digging the dirt" on the used equipment? None of the vendors offer that service.

If you think this might fit with your plans please let me know.

I can't post the URLs. One name is excavargoo so you can probably figure it out.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nathan,

It looks good and great additions.

I have a large database of heavy equipment for sale that is automatically updated daily. I'm almost done adding a couple other vendors.

Many of the equipment records have city and state location but no zipcode. Most of the equipment has serial numbers.

You seem to be pretty good at building a community. Perhaps you could extend that community to include "digging the dirt" on the used equipment? None of the vendors offer that service.

If you think this might fit with your plans please let me know.

I can't post the URLs. One name is excavargoo so you can probably figure it out.
Not totally sure what your talking about. Please send a message to me here: http://www.contractortalk.com/sendmessage.php

Thanks. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts