Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I am a carpenter from Kansas City MO. I have been swinging a hammer for about 15 years. I started on residental remodels, moved to spec home rough in. Then got hooked up with a custom home builder who turn key the property in house so I got alot of different looks at all the aspects in building a home. I did the residential thing for about 8 years, than joined the local 61 carpenters in Kansas City MO. I have been a member for about 7 years and have been a journey man for about 5 with the union. I have done mostly commercial work in the period everything from sitework, deep foundations, bridge work, interior finish (framing, setting doors, trim, windows, sheetrock, etc) and even daylighted as a scaffold builder when everything else was slow. I consider myself very well rounded. I have been considering starting my own thing more and more lately, even in this economy I get more side work that I can handle and would like to try to make it a full time thing. I would like to do commerical mostly tenat finish to start with. I know pretty well what the going rate for work is around here so I feel I could be conpeditive. I stumbled apone this sight while trying to get some information about peformance bonding. If anyone is versed on the bond aspect your help would be great. I am always looking to learn whatever I can about construction the tools, material, methods, and anything else that comes with it. And if I can help anyone else dont be scared to ask. Thanks KC-Carpenter. P.S, Sometimes my spelling and punctuation sucks bear with me Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts