Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Arnold Palmer (lemonade and iced tea, just in case it isn't reknowned everywhere)

If you could, who would you most like to meet that lived in the 1800's?

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
Arnold Palmer (lemonade and iced tea, just in case it isn't reknowned everywhere)

If you could, who would you most like to meet that lived in the 1800's?

Anyone of those soldiers up on Little Round Top, July 2nd, 1863.

If you could go back to one particular year of your life which one would it be?

·
Registered
78 Posts
1986. i had a full head of hair, our football team had an undefeated championship year, and i had not a care in the world?

If you could go back in history, who's life would you save?

·
Don
1,322 Posts
1986. i had a full head of hair, our football team had an undefeated championship year, and i had not a care in the world?

If you could go back in history, who's life would you save?
albert einstein

If you could go back in history, who's life would you "TAKE"

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
My lady.

What is your real honest dream job, if you could truly do anything....
Setting up shop in a small Allegheny mountain town and making Windsor chairs using only hand tools, and harvesting the trees for the lumber myself.

What is the most significant act of kindness, selflessness, and altruism you have personally witnessed.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Setting up shop in a small Allegheny mountain town and making Windsor chairs using only hand tools, and harvesting the trees for the lumber myself.

What is the most significant act of kindness, selflessness, and altruism you have personally witnessed.
Did I get too deep and put the brakes on this thread? :shutup:

·
Don
1,322 Posts
Did I get too deep and put the brakes on this thread? :shutup:
you just like to ruin :censored: you sure your job is not Demo :laughing:

i guess ill have to start it back

what is the one thing you want the most ?

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
Low volume/ high profit (or is this a trick question?)

If you could steal $1,000,000 from an old lady without anybody seeing or knowing you did it, would you still do it?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Low volume/ high profit (or is this a trick question?)

If you could steal $1,000,000 from an old lady without anybody seeing or knowing you did it, would you still do it?
Oh man, after that thread about finding the money in the walls and the dispute between the H/O and the contractor, I'm afraid to answer this one.
There could be a new survey and everything. But here goes.

Honest answer: No. Conscience would be one reason, Karma the other.
I think I would have an innate sense that the money would probably lead to some sort of bad thing if I took it. Tempting as it would be.
30 years ago, I would have answered yes, I'd take the cash.

If you were traveling in your car at the speed of light, and turned on the headlights, would they work?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh man, after that thread about finding the money in the walls and the dispute between the H/O and the contractor, I'm afraid to answer this one.
There could be a new survey and everything. But here goes.

Honest answer: No. Conscience would be one reason, Karma the other.
I think I would have an innate sense that the money would probably lead to some sort of bad thing if I took it. Tempting as it would be.
30 years ago, I would have answered yes, I'd take the cash.

If you were traveling in your car at the speed of light, and turned on the headlights, would they work?
I think they would turn on, but not project the light foward of your current position.
If you were traveling south on main street, and a semi traveling west on Maple blew the stop sign at Main and Maple and made a left in front of the yellow VW bug waiting for the black Hearse to pass, while a fire truck approached with its lights and sirens on, what is the name of the Smiths pet dog?

·
Sean
5,460 Posts
If it was even physically possible (right now its not - ask Einstein), the answer is yes. The question would then be would they light the way for you? Well that depends on when you turn the lights on. If it was while you were accelerating you would still see the light as it light travels at a constant speed. If it was after you reach the speed of light, the headlights would work, but as you are going as fast as light, you would not see it.

Another physics question - is it physically possible for a fighter plane to shoot itself down using its own cannon?

EDIT: Sgt.Grumpy types faster

Heres his question - you can ignore mine if you like

If you were traveling south on main street, and a semi traveling west on Maple blew the stop sign at Main and Maple and made a left in front of the yellow VW bug waiting for the black Hearse to pass, while a fire truck approached with its lights and sirens on, what is the name of the Smiths pet dog?

·
Don
1,322 Posts
Another physics question - is it physically possible for a fighter plane to shoot itself down using its own cannon?

Yes by flying at a straight 90 degree up and shooting

roflmao.:laughing:

If you woke up one morning hung over and next to you in the bed there is a Tranny what do you do?

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you woke up one morning hung over and next to you in the bed there is a Tranny what do you do?

I would "double clutch", hit the gas and then check for lipstick residue!

Who's your favorite stand-up comic of all time?

PS .. I hope the tranny isn't a stick shift. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts