Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I get asked this same question all the time...I see that there are all kinds of questions about the same subject posted on here too. I was going to go and reply to each of the posts that made reference to using the internet to advertise but thought it might just be best to start a new thread.

I've spent the last 2 years researching, testing, and flying all over the country to put together a plan to market my electrical contracting company. Some have said to have a web site with key words...Yes I would agree that is an important (very important) step but it really is only the tip of the iceberg.

So many people have been asking in my area how to do what I am doing that I thought it might be best to just make an online training showing everyone what I was doing. The trainings are a combination of PDF's and screen captures (you'll see my screen almost as if you where looking over my shoulder)
There is no charge to see any of the trainings at all...I would post the link here but not sure if thats allowed??? If your interested shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you the link

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
before calling "Bull" why don't you try it..then you can call bull if you don't like it. No worries using the internet isn't for every business person. I'm just sick of hearing how many of my friends are getting hit for hundreds if not thousands of dollars creating a web site that sits like an island in the Bering Sea.
The fact is that you can use all of these tools I have put together to cut your advertising budget. It is saving me about $17,500 a year on phone book advertisements. Actually I don't do any..what I would call commercial advertising anymore. Again maybe it's for you maybe not...I certainly am willing to help anyone in any way I can, this is a compilation of some of the questions I get asked all the time.

·
Banned
669 Posts
It's Bull**** if your trying to market a local electrical contracting business, however, IF your trying to sell a book or a software program then it might make sense to "fly all over the country".

I wouldn't go to Kansas to get people to hire me from california....I don't care how big you think your company is! With all those titles after your name I would think you'd know how to get your point across right the first time.

·
Banned
669 Posts
Message sent... I'll take anyone at face value till proved wrong.

I would also like to learn as much about the subject as possible.

I'll forward my Irish lottery winning e-mail to you! just make sure to forward the banking info requested to me so's I can forward it to the original sender! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
From the OPs www.thejujulist.com site:

With the help of my accountants and personal financial strategist, I am happy to tell you that I've been able to come up with a way to temporarily give you an insider deal that is simply irresistible! Normally a membership retails for between $350 and $495, but if you sign up today your small investment will be just $125.00.

But,...you knew that was coming.... there is one small catch... You can't just buy your way onto The Juju List. I've taken great steps to make sure this is an exclusive membership of qualified contractors

If you're Dead Serious about dramatically changing your financial situation Today, and you have all of the necessary licences, insurances, and workman's comp coverage you need to conduct business in your state, then you probably have what it takes to be included on the Juju list

Once you've started receiving our leads you'll wonder how you ever lived without them. We don't charge different prices for our leads...as a matter of fact right now each lead you choose to follow up on will only cost you $35.00. We are planning on raising that price in the near future. But don't worry that will only be for the new contractors who didn't take action immediately as you have. We will not raise your lead price as long as you keep a good standing with us on The Juju List.

This is the way that this will work....I'm not going to hide behind a curtain and not make any claims of making money...we are all in this to make money. I want you to find as many leads and make as much money as you can.

The way I see this is the more time you save with finding leads the more money you make... With the time you save I want you to come back and buy more leads so you can make even more money...we can help each other. I want that to be clear up front...I'm here to help you make money so that I make more money...So I am going to do every thing I can to help you make as much money as I can...
The link to buy the leads service doesn't work, so maybe this product isn't available now.

The Ebook he promotes has some useful information. Should you pay him real money? I suppose it is, as he suggests, a matter of trust.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Mark

Thats a different program all together but thanks for the exposure! I hear-by dub you "Super Sleuth"!

PGD - I'm Irish too...don't forget to spread the love man!

You forget that I am also an electrical contractor, I know and understand the contracting business and yes I understand projects that are a thousand miles away are of no benefit to a service person. I show you how to use these new tools to market in what ever areas you want. Actually one of the programs I would say is a "Hybrid" of a program that just about every person on this site would swear by.

I tell you what I'll offer this...If you have questions about marketing your business online either post them here or send me over an email. If you do send me an email I will post the reply here because if you have the question chances are others have the same question...everyone will benefit from this then

If I don't have the answer for you I will do my best to find the answer for you

NOW LET"S HEAR IT FOR THE CAVS!

·
Registered
285 Posts
The OP is following many of the conventions for marketing Internet stuff. I suppose because these approaches are so widely used, they are effective.

There is another school of thinking out there, one I am more comfortable with, which advocates authenticity. Building an e-list with autoresponders and the like can work, so can e-books, but my "warning signals" get really strong when I see these lengthy hyped up web pages.

Why don't I yet have a good idea of what the OP is actually selling!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi John

Certainly would be willing to chat any time...but as mentioned that is a different program and not the point of this tread.

Everyone if that program is nipping at your ankles that badly I would certainly answer any questions you may have...again I don't want this to turn into sales thread. Lets keep this about you guys and what I can do to help you understand how to market your business online.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts