Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a finish carpenter by trade and recently started a handyman business.
Any thoughts on how much I should charge for replacing interior doors. The customer has purchased the slabs allready. I will be hanging the doors and replacing the old locksets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in South Jersey

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
For a HC slab with two 3-1/2" 1/4" rad hinges and customer supplied lockset, I charge at least $125 per door. More if it needs radical planing or a lot of back and forth work.

Buy a Bosch hinge template set if you don't already have one. It will pay for itself in two jobs. It's a ***** to use it interconnected if the hinge locations vary from door to door, so I usually end up just using one of the templates and measuring. Still way better than the plastic templates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any thoughts on how much I should charge for replacing interior doors. The customer has purchased the slabs allready. I will be hanging the doors and replacing the old locksets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in South Jersey
Please let me know about the charges as soon as possible. Any help would be great.
Thank you

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
What is your time worth per hr and how many hrs will it take you...but this sounds like a homeowner looking for a ballpark so when the contractor they hired on craigslist comes over and gives them a price they think they get a deal bc that hack only charges $75 a door when he just read $125 on here.

·
Steve
844 Posts
"And now a message from our moderators. Please stay tuned for this important message":mad:

·
copycat
60 Posts
I'm in S Jersey and get 150 a slab. HD's basic rate is 150. I usually discount if multiple doors. remember, the guy from craigs list will most likely be charging 75 a slab so it may vary according to the customer and how bad you need the work.:drink:

·
Registered
238 Posts
remember, the guy from craigs list will most likely be charging 75 a slab
Funny you should mention that, I was just sitting here looking at this CL ad getting angrier and angrier....

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/fur/739256699.html

He says he'll supply, install and paint crown in an entire average-sized house for less than $1000. I don't even know what to say, that's just ridiculous. :censored::censored::censored:

·
copycat
60 Posts
Funny you should mention that, I was just sitting here looking at this CL ad getting angrier and angrier....

that is crazy.:wacko: theres some guy whos been advertising here in NJ about hardwood and laminate floor installs for $1 sf! on CL of course.

southjersey.craigslist.org/sks/739196025.html

(im not allowed to post urls yet...they told me)

i often think about giving him a call to give em my 2 cents :cursing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts