Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Finish Carpenter
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I am new to this forum. I have a bathroom that is made of concrete walls. I need to put a door there but the jams are the thickness of a cinder block. I went to Home Depot only found the standard door jams that I think are 4 inches or so. Can I order a special door jam somewhere or do I have to make a special jam? I am doing this in Oak if it makes a difference... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks !

Dano

·
Registered
7 Posts
miketheparrothe !!!

What is it with that response? Can't a guy come to this site for a little help without having the experience that you do? Is it your job here to tear people down? Jeez, man. Does bukemando sound like an established contractor to you?
This site is full of serious talent, and I would hope someone could come here with an honest question without being insulted.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Steve, theparrot is not the brightest bird in the tree, that is one of his favorite postings. It's supposed to be a smilie but it hasn't worked since we were graced with his presence, he's even been told that it doesn't work but he keeps trying.
All BB's get goofs that pass through or get canned. Just ignore it and it will go away.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Bob, that's what the smiley is supposed to be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
masonary jamb

Bukemdano said:
Hi Folks,
I am new to this forum. I have a bathroom that is made of concrete walls. I need to put a door there but the jams are the thickness of a cinder block. I went to Home Depot only found the standard door jams that I think are 4 inches or so. Can I order a special door jam somewhere or do I have to make a special jam? I am doing this in Oak if it makes a difference... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks !

Dano
you can use pltwood for door jambs and set your casing flush, thats one out

·
Finish carpentry contrctr
51 Posts
If the masonry opening allows, wrap it w 1x or 2x w/ tapcons and \ PL 400. Hang the door flush to the room the door swings into and trim out. Then rip extension jambs out of 1x for the opposite jamb (leave a 3/16 exposure around door jamb) shim and trim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts